Anyone done a partscaster Jazzy/Jaguar?

Loobs

• Members

telemasters? never dug them.

I always thought dude from Thrice's looked cool.

Like this? I modeled mine after his.

Warmoth ash body, CP jag neck, sd prails hot bridge and regular neck, toggle switch added and reg jag sliders control the prails. My fav guitar, ever.

2011-11-09_20-51-56_745.jpg

• Members

Strat, that's pretty {censored}in cool. How u like the P rails?

Thanks dude.

I love them, I have em in my strat too. You can conjur any tone you want out of it, and they almost sound true to single coil or P90. The bridge hot model sounds HUGE in series, I won't buy any other pickup. period.

• Members

Can't stand those.

I saw a guy build one from scratch. I had never seen one before and I was like WTF? as he was explaining what he was doing and how it was going to end up. A few weeks later I went over there and he had it all painted up but it was like new and I still was a little turned off. Then I saw the finished version that looked just like that photo (I thought it was for a second but it's not, that one I think is a Fender Custom shop version). Man it instantly grew on me. I would love to have one. :love:

• Members

I looked at doing a jazzblaster from scratch. With reasonable parts it turned out an expensive exercise. Loobs there is a uk based bloke - neale scott - makes lovely jazzblasters and the like. He is also a wonderful guitsrist.

Guitar build site http://nealescottphoto.carbonmade.com/projects/2163994#1

Bandcamp site http://nealescott.bandcamp.com/

• Members

jazzcasterbed.jpg

also have a MJT body with an allparts neck going together from paul at offset, it has T-armond pick ups

t_armond_pair-300x285.gif

paul is also working on this for me, it is getting the last clear coats and wiring...

pict2463j.jpg

I'm also considering having a jag style guitar built but am waiting on word back from a guy selling a conversion neck.

my advice:

-don't expect it to be cheaper if you are using AVRI parts and high end pick ups

-warmoth's body is NOT the same as a vintage or AVRI body

-get in touch with guys from offset, they offer great bodies, necks, pick guards, etc. to the spec you want

-understand that there are a lot of small parts you will have to buy that you didn't think of originally (ex. bridge thimbles, roller pots, brackets, etc.)

-if you just want a low cost offset and don't care if it looks like every other one, get a CP or wait for a used avri, I've seen avri jags go for $800-1000 if you are patient

Archived