Gear that reminds you or bands/artists you don't like

Elessar [Sly]

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

- Lack of volume and tone controls

I disagree about everything here except robin ford/john mayer copping and warlocks.

Though I do like a nice volume control. Tone control? Meh. Maybe if I want to play some robert fripp sounds. Otherwise i just pick at different places on the string if i want more bass, more treble, etc.

• Members

Anyway, for me it's PRS (jock rock guitar). Those things feel and look like a piece of ugly furniture.

Also anything with flame/birdseye/quilted/whateverthe{censored} wood that's textured like a bunghole.

• Members

Just ALL OF THE ABOVE, seriously.

Also, any pointy guitar with a floyd rose. What an ugly invention for guitar!

To see fatty mid-age guy with a strat usually turns on the alarms, I always fear they will start with the blues wanking.

Special mention goes to P&W bands/boards and "dotted 8th" delays.

• Members

People who play {censored} I don't own. They really cheese me off, those no talent hipsters.

People who play the same stuff as me have it happening. Unless they're just playing my stuff to pretend they're with it. They're just poseurs.

• Members

I asked my friend and he said "Devi Ever pedals because they remind me of Devi Ever."

For me, the same applies for Zvex.

I was thinking I could probably add Dumble to this for the same reason but I've never seen a Dumble in my life and chances are I never will.

• Members

Overpriced boutique gear that most working musician's would never own..

I'm not saying Hi watt,Carol Ann,Fargen or others of the like isn't high quality gear .It just reminds me of the Professional employed hobby player who believes buying high end gear gives him/her the authority on tone even though they can't play a lick..

Then there is the gear that is genre and age related that i would not own..Pointy guitars,Floyd Rose,Line 6 pods,gear with skulls on it,active pick ups other than the David Gilmour EMG's....

• Members

Not gear, but Aidan and I were dicking around in an instrument shop today and five kids wearing skinny jeans, plimsols, plaid shirts and grey hoodies arrived.

We immeadiatly knew what sort of band they were and that we didn't like them.

That's a bit judgemental, in my opinion. You can judge them by how them come in - rowdy, obnoxious, pushing people around - but you shouldn't judge them by their clothes.

• Members

I disagree about everything here except robin ford/john mayer copping and warlocks.

Though I do like a nice volume control. Tone control? Meh. Maybe if I want to play some robert fripp sounds. Otherwise i just pick at different places on the string if i want more bass, more treble, etc.

Fair enough. :idk:

• Members

Not gear, but Aidan and I were dicking around in an instrument shop today and five kids wearing skinny jeans, plimsols, plaid shirts and grey hoodies arrived.

We immeadiatly knew what sort of band they were and that we didn't like them.

I then took it upon myself to dismiss them loudly and unsubtly. I'm an arsehole.

Back on topic, I can't stick metal guitars, most PRS (the SE One is AMAZING, though), EMGs...

Archived