does HCFX hate wah?

RoboPimp

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I had it in the spam a few months ago, decided to keep it though.

That and no one would buy it
:o

I was sooo close to buying it, but I'm not much of a wah user and my BBE wah is pretty sweet. I actually prefer it to a Bud-Wah that I tried.

Ever had any other wah's to compare it too? The only thing I don't like about the BBE is that I wish the sweep was bigger, and was thinking the CAE might be better :idk:

• Members

I like the idea of a wah and filtering. I use the filter sweep on my HOG at times bu it just seems that a wah doesn't lend itself to the kind of music I make. It always seems just slapped on for no reason.

You work that wah pretty tight Robo. I loved the Wah / Octave Multiplexor stuff you busted out.

• Members
I was sooo close to buying it, but I'm not much of a wah user and my BBE wah is pretty sweet. I actually prefer it to a Bud-Wah that I tried.

Ever had any other wah's to compare it too? The only thing I don't like about the BBE is that I wish the sweep was bigger, and was thinking the CAE might be better
:idk:

I was going to buy the BBE before I got the CAE :D

I don't have much to compare it too, I've only ever owned an 80s Jen/pre-Dunlop Super CryBaby and a Boss Foot Wah but it blows them both away in terms of sound and quality. The CAE has a high quality pot so it doesn't make any noise and has really smooth action without jumpiness, you can tighten the treadle making it easy to park in different positions. I don't use the boost much but it's a useful option. The best thing for me by far that makes the CAE better than most wahs is the dual inductors so you can switch between classic Vox style quackiness with lots of high end and a thick throaty Dunlop style wah with lots of mids and more low end, the difference between the two inductors is huge and essentially makes it two wahs in one.

The CAE stock has plenty of sweep but if you want more you can mess with the trim pots to get a more over the top or subtle sound.

Archived