Dano clone refinished - I can't believe this turned out so well LOL

hangwire

• Members

following up off my copper SG Jr. yesterday, I did work on this today:

a4b2404c.jpg

3c007de1.jpg

40f42c62.jpg

:lol:

haven't decided if I want to put the clear pickguard back on or not... any opinions? I could easily hit the clear pickguard with some leftover black matte spraypaint and clearcoat too... ???

3b769a8b.jpg

e6296ccb.jpg

thoughts?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Black pickguard...

Tell me more andrew, that looks awezome. Wasnt that gray?

Also, changed the tremolo on the jazzy... Now we talking, slinky, and goes up. It also does the kevin shields thing...

Now refinish.

yup - the grey lightend A LOT from charcoal

zl5jbs.jpg

and I was disappointed... so I went this route

I could easily hit the clear pickguard with some leftover black matte spraypaint and clearcoat too... ???

I bet if you shot black on the underside of the pickguard, it would 1) last longer and not wear off with pick wear 2) would still look "glossy" due to the clear pickguard material itself.

Nice looking guitar, and well done. FWIW, I think it would look good with either the clear or black pickguard.

• Members

I could easily hit the clear pickguard with some leftover black matte spraypaint and clearcoat too... ???

I bet if you shot black on the
underside
of the pickguard, it would 1) last longer and not wear off with pick wear 2) would still look "glossy" due to the clear pickguard material itself.

Nice looking guitar, and well done. FWIW, I think it would look good with either the clear or black pickguard.

damn phil, that is a good idea. cred ^

• Members

You could also cover the pickguard area with the same coating as Flamenco guitarists use on their guitars. All you see is gloss and nothing else but it protects your guitar. If it gets marked up over time, you can remove it and replace it. 3M also has something along this line.

Archived