Which reverb pedal do you own right now?

scolfax

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Spring Chicken- Pretty awesome if you are looking for a spring sound. Probably hard to find one.

Old-ish Yamaha R100 half rack reverb processor- About a billion possibilities, so I use it for weird stuff (gated, reverse, swells). Kind of a pain though, it is the only non-pedal effect that I use, so it's always interesting finding a way to set it up with everything else, and the switching is weird so I run it through a bypass looper.

Amp reverb- On at least a little bit almost all the time in my amps that have it.

Also working on getting a Digitech XP-400 because it looks cool.

I've also tried the Boost-RVB and regular Holy Grail... They were cool, but at the time I was looking for a dedicated spring reverb to use with my amps that don't have it, and the Spring Chicken won that contest.

Good to know. I've always been curious about the Guyatone tube reverb unit myself. Only one of my amps have a reverb tank built in and I do like to have it. http://www.guyatone.com/Fr3Kv.php

• Members

I'd recommend going for one that has a tone control (which is usually a low-pass filter) - that will help place the reverb behind your distortion and damp the reverb tail so that it doesn't sound all washed out.

Word. I'm not currently shopping for one (I jusr dropped about 400 into my board) but I will certainly keep that in mind! I'm kind of a verb dummy.

Archived