Speaking of Amazing Girlfriends...

Ryan.

• Members

So I've been doing a ton of searching for the perfect camera for myself since I've never really had anything besides my iPhone to take pics with.

After doing a bunch of research I finally settled on the Nikon D5100. I texted my girlfriend that tonight was the night, I was gonna go buy it!

I come home from work and there is present on the bed next to her. I'm not expecting anything so I walk right past it and give her a kiss hello.

Finally I come to my senses and she tells me to open it and there it is...

201202091229460.jpg

:love:

So stoked.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Several steps up in quality from the guitar strap thread but is your girl as hot as Echo's and will you post her pics all over this forum (like he does ;) ) to help verify authenticity of this claim? Very nice camera btw, congrats on that {censored}! Unless you're straight trolling that is....

+1 pics or its a Darth Vader dildo

Does this exist? If not it should.

• Members

Several steps up in quality from the guitar strap thread but is your girl as hot as Echo's and will you post her pics all over this forum (like he does
;)
) to help verify authenticity of this claim? Very nice camera btw, congrats on that {censored}! Unless you're straight trolling that is....

Does this exist? If not it should.

I already have a lovely Roboshopped photo of my girlfriend with an awful beard... I'm just not sure I can handle anymore...

• Members
So I've been doing a ton of searching for the perfect camera for myself since I've never really had anything besides my iPhone to take pics with.

After doing a bunch of research I finally settled on the Nikon D5100. I texted my girlfriend that tonight was the night, I was gonna go buy it!

I come home from work and there is present on the bed next to her. I'm not expecting anything so I walk right past it and give her a kiss hello.

Finally I come to my senses and she tells me to open it and there it is...

201202091229460.jpg

So stoked.

Good choice. ;)

• Members

Nikon :

70-200 2.8

17-50 2.8

50 1.8

35 1.8

Tokina 11-16 2.8

Add that {censored} up. No one touches my camera.

I'm way far more gone than you I'm afraid.

DX (D7000)

Tokina 11-16mm (:love:)

Nikkor 16-85 f/3.5-5.6G VRII

Nikkor 35mm f/1.8

Tamron 17-35 f/2.8

Tamron 18-270 f/3.5-6.0

FX (D700)

Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D

Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D

Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D

Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G

Nikkor 85mm f/1.4

Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G VRII Macro

Nikkor 16-35 f/4.0G VRII

Nikkor 24-70 f.2,8G

Nikkor 28-300 f/3.5-4.0G VRII

Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 Macro

Of course, I can use any of the FX lenses on the D7000 as well, but I tend not to.

:facepalm:

• Members

I'm way far more gone than you I'm afraid.

DX (D7000)

Tokina 11-16mm (
)

Nikkor 16-85 f/3.5-5.6

Nikkor 35mm f/1.8

Tamron 17-35 f/2.8

Tamron 18-270 f/3.5-6.0

FX (D700)

Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D

Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D

Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D

Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G

Nikkor 85mm f/1.4

Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G VRII Macro

Nikkor 16-35 f/4.0G VRII

Nikkor 24-70 f.2,8G

Nikkor 28-300 f/3.5-4.0G VRII

Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 Macro

:facepalm:

oh {censored}. jesus christ man!

Oh and i forgot i got an 85mm 1.8 recently. Oh my {censored}ing man juice. It just creams epic bokeh and amazing on faces.

since you brought the big guns out. I'm currently trying to save for:

D700, 24-70, 12-24.

I'm tired of DX. I love my D300 w/grip. But that 1.8 is just annoying. I studied film in college and i want that "feel" back.

What do you use all that for? You've got all the heavy hitters.

85 1.4, 24 1.4. bawls.

• Members
oh {censored}. jesus christ man!

Oh and i forgot i got an 85mm 1.8 recently. Oh my {censored}ing man juice. It just creams epic bokeh and amazing on faces.

since you brought the big guns out. I'm currently trying to save for:

D700, 24-70, 12-24.

I'm tired of DX. I love my D300 w/grip. But that 1.8 is just annoying. I studied film in college and i want that "feel" back.

What do you use all that for? You've got all the heavy hitters.

85 1.4, 24 1.4. bawls.

Yeah, the 85 f/1.8 is a great portrait lens. Creamy bokeh that looks like no other (except for my 1.4 version, but it's big and heavy)

Wait a bit on the D700. Nikon just announced the D800. 36MP and supposed to be great in low light as well. Perhaps used prices will come down on the D700's. You can hardly find them new right now.

I would never get rid of my D700, though even if I got one. It's just too great a camera. I can't tell you how many times that camera has bailed me out in low light situations that Canon's would completely gag over. Even though it's 12.3MP, those big juicy photosites get such great noise free light capture that the photos, if properly exposed, are damn near three dimensional.

I still love my D7000 though. Great handling, and comes in very handy when I need that extra reach. The thing is though, once you've used a big bright juicy full frame viewfinder, it's pretty hard to go back to DX. Sort of like TV. Once you've gone HD, there's no looking back.

I use both cameras for lots of things. The D700 mostly for landscape type stuff when I am out seriously taking photographs, and the D7000 for mostly everything else, e.g.walkaround, family shots etc. All of the lenses serve a purpose, but the truth is I am a fairly successful lawyer and I can easily afford the damn stuff, so {censored} it, I buy it. :)

Pisses my wife off though, worse than guitar GAS.

• Members

Waaaaay worse than guitar gas.

Oh i know, you should already assume i'm a photo snob based on the gear list. As i did with you after reading 3 lines down on your gear list.

I'm been prepping for the lsat, but i don't know if i want to go through with it. Law school = another 3 years of schooling and I am planning a move to nashville soon. Law school vs persuing music. One i love ; the other to please my future wife.

I do weddings and random shoots on the side for money. Pays the bills.

The D800 was released but {censored}, at $3,000 i'd rather get a D700 with the dual CF card slot vs the D800. That new meter would be nice with the 32mp. But the D700 was everything i needed in a camera when it was released.

• Members

Waaaaay worse than guitar gas.

Oh i know, you should already assume i'm a photo snob based on the gear list. As i did with you after reading 3 lines down on your gear list.

I'm been prepping for the lsat, but i don't know if i want to go through with it. Law school = another 3 years of schooling and I am planning a move to nashville soon. Law school vs persuing music. One i love ; the other to please my future wife.

I do weddings and random shoots on the side for money. Pays the bills.

The D800 was released but {censored}, at $3,000 i'd rather get a D700 with the dual CF card slot vs the D800. That new meter would be nice with the 32mp. But the D700 was everything i needed in a camera when it was released.

GO TO LAW SCHOOL. You will never regret it. It's tough, but It's a lifetime employment guarantee too. Law practice has been largely unaffected by the recession. Lawyers just changed from putting together real estate deals to working out their clients bankruptcies with their lenders.

The three years are going to go by anyway. It's up to you whether you will be an attorney at the end. The two things are not mutually exclusive. A close long time friend of mine financed his way through law school playing in a band. Not a typical story, admittedly anecdotal, but illustrative at least.

I have several law school mates that are now very prominent music attorneys. They kept playing, and now are cork sniffers supreme. But, one of them attended most of ZZ Tops recent recording sessions too (because he represents them and put their contracts together), and both of them were near front row at the Grammys. Because of their law degrees and where those degrees got them. You can do anything with a law degree, and it makes you highly employable in virtually all other realms as well. A large percentage of today's CEO have legal backgrounds.

Just my $.02

Archived