Is Dumble still alive?

woolyh

• Members

Guess that applies to the company and the man himself.

The Wiki tells me nothing so are Dumble amps actually still being made and is Alexander Dumble AKA the big crystal lettuce still alive? There's so much mystique surrounding the Dumble universe :0

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Who cares? You don't need a Dumble anymore. The Freekish Blues Alpha Drive is a Dumble-in-a-box.

Not true, Alexander Dumble's poop is used to cover the Crystal Lettuce in the Alpha Drive, as soon as he dies the mojo will be lost forever.

• Members

I won "The Dumble Book" in a guitar magazine giveaway years ago. It has reviews and interviews from the time before he became the guru and was just a start up. And a portrait of every single Dumble amp ever made. "Was owned by SRV", "has a stain somewhere".

Browsed through it. Been sitting on the shelf ever since. The book, that is.

But I think he's still alive.

• Members

I won "The Dumble Book" in a guitar magazine giveaway years ago. It has reviews and interviews from the time before he became the guru and was just a start up. And a portrait of every single Dumble amp ever made. "Was owned by SRV", "has a stain somewhere".

Browsed through it. Been sitting on the shelf ever since. The book, that is.

But I think he's still alive.

If he signed the book, it's probably worth $40,000 now.

• Members

If he signed the book, it's probably worth $40,000 now.

Just writing this made me get the book from the shelf. It is not signed by him, it says "Promotion copy, not for sale" and someone wrote "Giveaway" underneath.

It also says on page 2: All rights reserved, may not be reproduced, bla bla. The minimum copyright penalty charge will be 50.000

• Members

Just writing this made me get the book from the shelf. It is not signed by him, it says "Promotion copy, not for sale" and someone wrote "Giveaway" underneath.

It also says on page 2: All rights reserved, may not be reproduced, bla bla. The minimum copyright penalty charge will be 50.000

• Members

Last I heard, he's still alive and occasionally modding amps. Kinda covert though. Like he'll go to a shop, offer to do some mods and then people bring stuff in not knowing it's Dumble. Other than that, he likes to make black powder firearms. There's a whole bunch of info in a .zip file somewhere that has some pretty recent interviews and pics. His house is like that crazy old guy that lives in everybody's neighborhood.

Archived