NPD - Late to the party

Aaron SS

• Members

IMGP6620.jpg

Boss PS-3 - All the rage at one point on HC but I never really took note until recently when I snagged one from a fellow HC'er. Not much to look at but the things this pedals capable of are :love::evil:

I've never looked at a manual for this so I just kinda dove in headfirst and got everything from traditional delay sounds and chorus-like emulations to wild pitch shifting sound. Tons of fun and a definite keeper.

Share your settings?

• Members

Yeah I don't have one either. But i do have a HOG. I might sell the HOG though. I dunno. I'm thinking of ditching a lot of stuff. Like, for example, I kind of feel like getting rid of every single modulation pedal except the heliocentric tesselator.

• Members

Does that one do the micro pitch shift type of chorusing? If so, how does it sound? I have a line on a NIB one for $60 at a local dealer (well, 70 miles away - but that's local for me) who hasn't sold any inventory in twenty years.

• Members

Does that one do the micro pitch shift type of chorusing? If so, how does it sound? I have a line on a NIB one for $60 at a local dealer (well, 70 miles away - but that's local for me) who hasn't sold any inventory in twenty years.

Quirky, fun. You can get some unique sounds. I really like the glitchy up/down (micro pog) sound it has and strange ascending/descending pitch shifting chorus it can do. $60 NIB is an amazing deal you should get no matter what. If you don't like it you can always easily get your money back on here.

• Members

Yeah if don't want it for $60 give me the name of the dealer and I'll buy it

• Members

Does the PS-3 use the same chip as the PS-2? I had one years ago that I lost in a botched trade, and I've longed for a PS-2 since. I was under the impression that the newer PS series doesn't do the stuff lot lizard was describing. That's what I miss from my PS-2.

The PS-2 and PS-3 are actually pretty different sounding to me, despite having similar features.

Archived