iPad 3....

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, I'm considering it, but I don't know if I should just get a Mac Book Pro instead. The MBP would be more useful for work and recording,

but the iPad is cool to have around for net browsing, music, etc, and much lighter to carry around...

• Members

no reason the ioDock will not work... the ipad 3 is only marginally thicker than the 2 (but still thinner than the o.g. ipad) and of course still has the dock connector, so it should "just work".

i will upgrade if one of my friends wants my ipad 2... otherwise i will probably just wait for the next rev...

• Members

Well, I'm considering it, but I don't know if I should just get a Mac Book Pro instead. The MBP would be more useful for work and recording,

but the iPad is cool to have around for net browsing, music, etc, and much lighter to carry around...

macbook air perhaps?

... I pulled the trigger
:o

So the big question that hasn't been answered for me yet is....

Will the Alesis ioDock be compatible?
:confused:

I'm hanging on to my iPad 2 just in case.

Anyone else preordering, or considering?

Was it officially announced today? I didn't catch the specs on it. What are they adding / changing with the upgrade? :idk:

• Members

Was it officially announced today? I didn't catch the specs on it. What are they adding / changing with the upgrade?
:idk:

Not much. New higher res screen, quad core A5X processor, 4G LTE on the Verizon/AT&T models. It's about an ounce heavier and a mm or 2 thicker. I'll stick with the 2 for a while longer, personally.

Not much. New higher res screen, quad core A5X processor, 4G LTE on the Verizon/AT&T models. It's about an ounce heavier and a mm or 2 thicker. I'll stick with the 2 for a while longer, personally.

Thanks - I just got done reading all about it on Apple's site.

At $399 for the wifi only base model, I may just have to bite the bullet and get a iPad2.

• Members

Thanks - I just got done reading all about it on Apple's site.

At $399 for the wifi only base model, I may just have to bite the bullet and get a iPad2.

I'd spend the extra 100 for the base model of the new iPad. Retina screen and upgraded camera, might aswell.

• Members

I've held out until now. Retina display is the big drawcard. Travvy, you're right, the $100 difference between 16gb iPad2 and this new 16gB model is worth it. You'll forget the 100 difference over a couple of years.

Anyway, no real need for it, but this is the moment where they pushed me over into shelling out for one.

• Members

I've held out until now. Retina display is the big drawcard. Travvy, you're right, the $100 difference between 16gb iPad2 and this new 16gB model is worth it. You'll forget the 100 difference over a couple of years.

Anyway, no real need for it, but this is the moment where they pushed me over into shelling out for one.

I've never been a HUGE fan of the iPad, but after watching the keynote today, I was like "...{censored}, they got me"

I would love one now.

• Members

Pre-ordered. Decided I needed to stop using my work computer for personal stuff (nothing illicit - just need more of a divide between work and non-work life). Don't need a full-fledged machine for home use, so I figured this would be a nice rig for home/music.

• Members

I love how people get all high and mighty with the anti-consumer thing with the implication they're still going to buy a {censored}ing 400 dollar piece of electronics from a huge multinational corporation.

I just hate apple's business practices a little more that the others.

• Members

Do any of you guys use your iPad for gigs? I'm seriously thinking about picking one up for jazz & classical jobs where I'm reading everything. It would be a lot handier than having a music stand full of sheets at home too. I did a dinner job over the weekend with a guy using his iPad and forScore... it was awesome. He had the setlist set up with pdf's. No rifling through pages or messing around with multiple books. Someone would call a tune and he'd have it in front of him within a few seconds.

For most jazz gigs I'll use iReal on my phone for songs I don't know. It works okay but it would be great to have the melody in front of me.

http://www.forscoreapp.com/

This is what he was using. It looked great.

• Members

I dont care much about these types of devices, but it seems like they could have done some cooler upgrades. Like a freaking SD slot and USB. I know there is a camera kit for that but itd be nice to be able to do things with out dongling things off the little dock connecter.

Archived