iPad 3....

• Members

I like Apple stuff but I'm starting to get rather jaded by the constant "next model" bull{censored}.

The Retina display has been out since the first iPhone 4 and you know they had it ready to roll before then.

Why couldn't the iPad2 have come out with it?

Guarantee there is a bunch of tech they have developed ready to put into iPads but they'll hold onto it for the iPad4.

{censored}s me no end.

Side note. Anyone know what will be new on the new version of Apple TV?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like Apple stuff but I'm starting to get rather jaded by the constant "next model" bull{censored}.

The Retina display has been out since the first iPhone 4 and you know they had it ready to roll before then.

Why couldn't the iPad2 have come out with it?

Guarantee there is a bunch of tech they have developed ready to put into iPads but they'll hold onto it for the iPad4.

{censored}s me no end.

Side note. Anyone know what will be new on the new version of Apple TV?

There was no way they could've made retina screens that large back when the iPhone 4 came out.

Apple is a lot better about upgrades than Android is. Apple sticks to an update about ever year to year and a half.

• Members

How do you know?

The first iPad didn't have a forward facing camera. Are going to tell me they couldn't have done that either?

Because it looked like {censored} at the time and it would cost way to much money. The Apple keynote today said they finally figured out a way to raise the pixels differently so the colors wouldn't looks smudgy and distorted on such a large screen.

The first iPad had no forward or rear camera. Steve Jobs said it was a mistake, he didn't expect people to want to take pictures with it.

• Members

The first iPad had no forward or rear camera. Steve Jobs said it was a mistake, he didn't expect people to want to take pictures with it.

I get that you're a fan. I am too. Like I said, I like their stuff and use an iPhone, iMac, MacBook Pro, Apple TV and the Time Capsule, but that doesn't mean I believe everything the company tells me...

• Members

I get that you're a fan. I am too. Like I said, I like their stuff and use an iPhone, iMac, MacBook Pro, Apple TV and the Time Capsule, but that doesn't mean I believe everything the company tells me...

Steve Jobs doesn't admit mistakes often.

Sure, I could question everything they say, but I don't want to be that guy. At the end of the day, they make the best products (IMO) and I'm going to want them. I don't see why they would be lying, they don't need too.

• Members

didn't they only admit there was a problem with the antenna's after the lawsuits started to come in. I remember the excuses they gave.

Yep... "LOL you're holding it wrong, all phones stop working when you hold them like that, honestly!"

• Members

I figured this would be a nice rig for home/music.

Ditto. The iPad 2 has been a remarkable muic making tool, especially paired with the Alesis ioDock. My only real complaints were 1) the processing power sometimes seemed unstable for Garageband and iMovie, and 2) the camera blew chunks.

I bought the iPad 3 hoping that these complaints would be satisfied. We'll see.

• Members

no reason the ioDock will not work... the ipad 3 is only marginally thicker than the 2 (but still thinner than the o.g. ipad) and of course still has the dock connector, so it should "just work".

fingers crossed. The difference in thickness is .03 inches, which seems negligible, but could make a difference in alignment of the port. I'm not going to be the guinea pig. I'll wait to hear how Alesis responds.

• Members

Samsung Galaxy

I bought one on Woot! for about $300 for my Dad because he needed Flash for his favorite news site. I played with it quite a bit while preparing it for him.

My biggest complaint with the Galaxy is Kies. That is some seriously crappy software. It makes iTunes feel downright liberating :freak: The Galaxy's management of media is neither intuitive nor flexible. That is a major turn-off for me.

But I do love Google Docs, iGoogle, and Chrome :love: , and naturally the Galaxy integrates those much better than iOS, though there's room for improvement even still.

If the Galaxy sold closer to the $300 pricepoint, I would say that it was a true competitor. But at $499+? Forget it.

• Members

Ditto. The iPad 2 has been a remarkable muic making tool, especially paired with the Alesis ioDock. My only real complaints were 1) the processing power sometimes seemed unstable for Garageband and iMovie, and 2) the camera blew chunks.

I bought the iPad 3 hoping that these complaints would be satisfied. We'll see.

Ipad 2's camera is {censored}, true.

• Members

Wish they made a cheaper non camera version. I was hoping they'd push more features out and make it more functional as a laptop and tablet (probably not the best business decision though), maybe next year. Decided I'd rather just save up for a new laptop rather than one of these.

The music apps are nice though, Animoog is amazing!

• Members

Well, I'm considering it, but I don't know if I should just get a Mac Book Pro instead. The MBP would be more useful for work and recording,

but the iPad is cool to have around for net browsing, music, etc, and much lighter to carry around...

Actually, the iPad is fantastic for recording. My buddy's band has been raving about it. His USB interface I guess is compatible with the iPad, so he's able to run eight ins with it. Pretty awesome stuff.

Archived