OT: How often do you exercise?

• Members

.. well?

Having spent the past few weeks getting back some form of routine with regards to sporting/physical activity, i was wondering to what extent you guys leave the guitar stool and go outside?

I'm starting back regular 5 and 7-a-side football (soccer), and have been getting back into running (ran 10k today).. suffice to say, i've been sore all week. Resting tomorrow.

I'm also looking to get back into the gym, but that's for next week.

What do you guys do to keep in shape?

• Members

My day job is pretty active in the summer and warmer months. lots of moving 40 foot ladders and climbing up and down all day. Hauling tools/rocks who knows what. But honnestly I never flat out exercise. Im 5'11" and weigh about 125 so i really dont have much motivation to do much haha.

10K is hardcore dude, congrats on that and getting fit.

• Members

I spent the better part of the last two years working out w/ a trainer 2x a week and 2 or 3x a week by myself.

I haven't worked out since our last tour. I have no money to pay the trainer or have a gym membership, and I graduated in December last year so I can't use the gym at school anymore either.

I wish I could just run, but I broke two vertebra a while back, so running is a no-no. I found out the hard way after I had to have a steroid epidural. Twice.

• Members

Not enough unfortunately.

Play football every saturday and that's about it.

I was running everyday practically during the summer but my friend went to uni and now I don't have the motivation.

I've noticed that everybody is playing 5/6/7 a side football now. I can't understand why though, 11 a side is way more fun if not 10 times more infuriating.

• Members

This is one of the reasons why I miss school. When I was doing my Masters last year I worked at the school gym. I worked out 4-5 times a week (lots of cardio) and was playing hockey 2-3 days a week. Since graduating I'm down to treadmill 4 days a week (if that) and hockey once a week.

• Members

4-5 days a week, stretching, pilates ball stuff, 300 various crunches, 50 push ups. I use just my body-weight. I'm on my feet at work 40 hours a week, and am recovering from a doozie of a back injury last year. I'm 44, 6'3" 185 lbs., and have degenerative disc disease and arthritis in my back and knees so strengthening the muscles around my skeleton is my last recourse to completely falling apart. I am kinda really ripped right now.

• Members

try to as much as i can. in the winter i play basketball for like 2 hours each time 2 times a week, pretty intense running. when the weahter is nice and in the summer i bike to and from work every day which is a few miles each way, plus some footabll or basketball after owrk most days

• Members

Gym 3 days a week, run 1-2. I try to get in at least a 6 miler once a week. Ran a 9.5 mile "beer run" a couple of weeks ago and actually felt pretty good.

My New Years resolution was to complete a 10k this year.

My work hours are pretty flexible so it's relatively easy to take a long lunch and get some exercise in. Now if I could just stop consuming so much alcohol I might see some real results.

• Members

I box as many times a week as I can. The new semester is starting so I won't have as much time to go boxing as I'd like because these wankers want a uni education. :mad:

I'm 5'11 and weigh 150lbs. My main vice is beer. If you've never done boxing give it a try.

• Members

Gym 3 days a week, run 1-2. I try to get in at least a 6 miler once a week. Ran a 9.5 mile "beer run" a couple of weeks ago and actually felt pretty good.

My New Years resolution was to complete a 10k this year.

My work hours are pretty flexible so it's relatively easy to take a long lunch and get some exercise in. Now if I could just stop consuming so much alcohol I might see some real results.

I'm gonna cut down on the beers, junk food etc for a few months, see how that goes.

I'm a lanky guy, but it would be cool to get some more stamina/strength.

• Members

Retired pro cyclist - I exercise a lot still. I have a really active lifestyle. In the summer I'm schlepping backpacks to high elevations, climbing mountains, riding a lot, carrying catering equipment and digging holes. Staying fit is berry berry good to me. About the only time I'm not being really active is when I'm eating or sleeping.

• Members

2-3 times during the week for 45 minutes or so I'll do cardio and strength training. Then, on Saturdays, I'll either play basketball or racquetball... or maybe swim.

I'd love to get into racquetball/squash actually. It looks pretty tough going.

Archived