OT: I HAD DRINKS LAST NITE

RoboPimp

• Members

I firmly believe that you should tip based on service, quality of meal, and atmosphere. If the server is great, then bam, extra tip. If the food is great, BAM, extra tip and a compliment to the cooks. If the atmosphere is good, BAM, little extra on the side. If the service is lousy and the food stinks, and it's just a horrible time there, then no. No tip for you.

What I hate is when places automatically charge you the tip amount in your end bill. It's like, you could have just factored those percentages into the cost of the food before hand so I know exactly what I'm going to pay before I even order my food. It seems like there is no incentive for the ...gasp, incentive.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

do you tip the guy working the counter at Guitar Center, who's probably making close to minimum wage? it's bull{censored}, I see food servers as nothing less than useless {censored}ing bums to feeble to get a real job. I tip well just because I don't want to be "that guy", not because the idiot walking my food over to me did "such a great job" of it. what a {censored}ing joke, restaurant owners get off easy with this scam. I love eating at bars where you can just walk up to the foodcounter and get it yourself.

• Members

do you tip the guy working the counter at Guitar Center, who's probably making close to minimum wage? it's bull{censored}, I see food servers as nothing less than useless {censored}ing bums to feeble to get a real job. I tip well just because I don't want to be "that guy", not because the idiot walking my food over to me did "such a great job" of it. what a {censored}ing joke, restaurant owners get off easy with this scam. I love eating at bars where you can just walk up to the foodcounter and get it yourself.

That guy already makes tips you {censored}, it's called commission. I cannot wait to hear what you do for a living.

• Members

yep.

a few places near my previous home they really were awesome. i would tip them. there is a quiznos where the owner knew which 2 sammiches i typically order and would ask me which one i want, would ask how my wifes doing and {censored}, and would give me free stuff occasionally. i tipped that guy. that is not typical fast food service.

Hey Dr. Picklebottom. How's your wife doing and {censored}?

• Members

do you tip the guy working the counter at Guitar Center, who's probably making close to minimum wage? it's bull{censored}, I see food servers as nothing less than useless {censored}ing bums to feeble to get a real job. I tip well just because I don't want to be "that guy", not because the idiot walking my food over to me did "such a great job" of it. what a {censored}ing joke,
restaurant owners get off easy with this scam. I love eating at bars where you can just walk up to the foodcounter and get it yourself.

??

• Members

do you tip the guy working the counter at Guitar Center, who's probably making close to minimum wage? it's bull{censored},
I see food servers as nothing less than useless {censored}ing bums to feeble to get a real job.
I tip well just because I don't want to be "that guy", not because the idiot walking my food over to me did "such a great job" of it. what a {censored}ing joke, restaurant owners get off easy with this scam. I love eating at bars where you can just walk up to the foodcounter and get it yourself.

did you really just say that?

for me, {censored} has to be pretty atrocious not to tip at all. i usually go about 20%. if it's mediocre or less as an experience, i'll go a little lower.

• Members

I tip regardless at bigger chain restaraunts because I know the tip pool system {censored}s over the server if they don't make the tips. At smaller places though, it depends.

Tipping culture is {censored}ing stupid.

• Members

do you tip the guy working the counter at Guitar Center, who's probably making close to minimum wage? it's bull{censored},
I see food servers as nothing less than useless {censored}ing bums to feeble to get a real job
. I tip well just because I don't want to be "that guy", not because the idiot walking my food over to me did "such a great job" of it. what a {censored}ing joke, restaurant owners get off easy with this scam. I love eating at bars where you can just walk up to the foodcounter and get it yourself.

wow wtf

• Members

wow wtf

nah, i think you're taking him the wrong way... i think he means to say "I see food servers as nothing MORE than useless {censored}ing bums too feeble to get a real job."

easy mistake to make.

• Members

do you tip the guy working the counter at Guitar Center, who's probably making close to minimum wage?
it's bull{censored}, I see food servers as nothing less than useless {censored}ing bums to feeble to get a real job.
I tip well just because I don't want to be "that guy", not because the idiot walking my food over to me did "such a great job" of it. what a {censored}ing joke, restaurant owners get off easy with this scam. I love eating at bars where you can just walk up to the foodcounter and get it yourself.

Half of the servers in the restaurant where I work as a chef are students ie.people studying in order to better themselves. Two other servers work there as a second job as their principal job involves working with a homeless charity. Another came to Britain through asylum after being persecuted in his home country. None of them are 'useless {censored}ing bums' so your glib generalisation can easily be described as bollocks.

• Members

sometimes I forget you're the worst human being

• Members

I never tip at a bar, but then it's not really the done thing over here. I guess they get paid the same minimum wage a public toilet cleaner gets paid, and I wouldn't dream of tipping a public toilet cleaner either.

I just don't get it, there are so many other minimum wage jobs out there where tipping isn't an option. Would you tip the shelf stacker at the supermarket for stacking a shelf neatly?

I do tip in restaurants because it is kind of expected, but it annoys me. I just do it so I'm not that cheap asshole who doesn't tip. I'm not afraid to leave zero tip if the food or service was poor though. I'd actually be happy to tip the chef if the food was amazing, but that's because I'm pleased and impressed with the skill that went into it.

I'm also happy to tip anything that where talent is involved and I'm impressed with the outcome - things like tattoos and haircuts.

Archived