Superego Synth Engine & Crying Tone Wah Demos!

The P-Man

• Members

Like others, I don't really see the point of the Crying Tone. Good on them for trying something new, but I feel like cables will wear out faster than a pot. Also, I know this would slip all over the floor whenever I tried to use it. I'm pretty clumsy. :lol:

Super Ego didn't disappoint though. Sure, Larry isn't the greatest demoer, but I can see potential in that thing. I'd say I'm definitely gonna pick one up at some point. :thu:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hmmmm... well we will find out soon enough I suppose.

Price? I figure the Freeze + SuperEgo will run about $300 combined if purchased new. A used HOG can usually be found on eBay for not much more than that.

Size? You have to figure in the side jacks and cables. Also, bear in mind that the HOG can still do many of the freeze and gliss features without the expression pedal or the presets pedal.

EDIT: scratch that, I'd forgotten that the SuperEgo includes the freeze function, so you could just replace the Freeze pedal. Right?

I've decided to stop messing around trying to get in the same ballpark as the Hog, I'm just going to have to pick one up. I'm assuming the preset pedal, and exp pedal is mandatory.

• Members

I've decided to stop messing around trying to get in the same ballpark as the Hog, I'm just going to have to pick one up. I'm assuming the preset pedal, and exp pedal is mandatory.

The preset pedal is only necessary if you use it at gigs all the time. I don't gig much at this particular phase of my life, but I have one just in case :lol:

The M Audio expression pedal comes included with the HOG. The HOG does have a momentary switch built-in which works well for the freeze function, or for jumping straight into a filter or pitch shift setting, but the expression pedal allows for the gradual in between stuff.

• Members

The preset pedal is only necessary if you use it at gigs all the time. I don't gig much at this particular phase of my life, but I have one just in case
:lol:

The M Audio expression pedal comes included with the HOG. The HOG does have a momentary switch built-in which works well for the freeze function, or for jumping straight into a filter or pitch shift setting, but the expression pedal allows for the gradual in between stuff.

yep, I need me some of that.

• Members

{censored}ing Demarco, instantly turns interest into indifference. he actually does me a favor, really, if it turned out to sound like something I would want then I'd end up spending money.

aside from the wah not being pedalboard friendly, it looks like it'll need longer cables, standard patch cables would mostly likely be too stressed from all the rotating (or force the pedal to flop into the toe down position when not it use). or maybe the jacks would go before the cables did.

• Members

Ren, PM sent.

One problem with the Superego is it seems you'll often want to run a clean sound to the freeze portion, and then do a tap dance to get a lead sound to play over it. I wonder if you can just use the "send" as a splitter and not use the "return" at all. Send the "sent" signal to an amp or mixer and send the normal output to a dirt pedal. Now if there's post processing done on the effects loop, then all bets are off.

• Members

I just watched the vid. I don't care about the superego... though it definitely isn't a synth.

But what the {censored} is with the crying tone? Are you serious ehx? Leave out all the gigging musicians who need a board. I think the dude should have been wearing this hat over his white hair:

scumbag-steve-hat-template.png

• Members

I just watched the vid. I don't care about the superego... though it definitely isn't a synth.

But what the {censored} is with the crying tone? Are you serious ehx? Leave out all the gigging musicians who need a board. I think the dude should have been wearing this hat over his white hair:

scumbag-steve-hat-template.png

It's not like you can't buy a wah with a base already! The market doesn't need another crybaby.

• Members

Super Ego is totally awesome. I own a HOG and I'm even tempted to buy it. The auto-gliss feature is cool, and something that's hard to approximate with the HOG on its own. The effects loop would have been great to have on the HOG.

Archived