Which would you choose?

Ryan.

• Members

Okay. First, the vox has the british sound and fender has Murrrican.

So, you pretty much have to do the bright cap mod to the vox ac15's normal channel. Top boost is amazing for a nice tube overdrive. You can buy a morley aby box and jumper channels and {censored}.

The HRD is def my second choice,and second favorite amp. It sounds good, the drive channels suck {censored}ing midget cockles. It has a sweet clean tone and takes pedals better then any other amp.

Vox sounds the best all around to me though, and 100 cheaper.

• Members

I'm selling my White HRD from '07, which I'm pretty sure are the same specs as the HRDIII. It is a great amp. So, if you want a good 40W combo, go for it. My left arm got too weak after an injury to lug the thing around. Going for a smaller watt head/cab setup. I actually settled on the Ampeg GVT15H.

If you wanna go 40W, I'd go with the Tweaker 40, personally. But that's mainly because I'd rather do two trips carrying 20some pounds each than one trip carrying 40some.

• Members

I'm selling my White HRD from '07, which I'm pretty sure are the same specs as the HRDIII. It is a great amp. So, if you want a good 40W combo, go for it. My left arm got too weak after an injury to lug the thing around. Going for a smaller watt head/cab setup. I actually settled on the Ampeg GVT15H.

If you wanna go 40W, I'd go with the Tweaker 40, personally. But that's mainly because I'd rather do two trips carrying 20some pounds each than one trip carrying 40some.

Tempting. It really is. HRD I think is my call though.

Archived