So wait, the Neo Mistress is a digital pedal?

OMTerria

• Members

Does that mean it's based off the flanging sounds from the Stereo Electric Mistress as opposed to the Electric Mistress or Deluxe Electric Mistress? Has anyone here tried this pedal out or maybe compared it to the MXR Micro Flanger?

• Members

One of the few examples where the younger model just can't compete with the older mistress
;)

Mos def. I forgot about this thing until earlier today and decided to look it up because I thought it was supposed to be a smaller, slightly simplified DEM. I might have to just get one of those and deal with the inconveniences it brings.

• Members

I've wanted for so long an MXR/Boss sized flanger based on the DEM circuit that has a filter matrix switch that freezes the sweep.....or even just a flange that doesn't sweep!

Madbean Pedals sells a PCB that's an exact copy of the DEM and fits in a 1590BB hammond enclosure (XO in EHX terms). It's a pretty complicated circuit so getting it in anything smaller is pushing it. You have to build it yourself though, but maybe you could hire someone to do it for you :)

• Members

Yes it's digital. The Neo Mistress sounds pretty much just like the Stereo one did to my ears. I didn't like it at all. It had that same phaser-ish thing going on that the Stereo EM did. The MXR micro flanger is much much better. Great pedal. Go for the MXR

Yep, pretty much this. I'm a big EHX fan, but the Stereo EM sucks really hard, so I would imagine the Neo does as well. And yeah, the MXR Micro Flanger is pretty good. I love the Micro Chorus more though, truly an excellent pedal, at any price. MXR has really impressed me lately. Lovin their Modified OD too.

• Members

Madbean Pedals sells a PCB that's an exact copy of the DEM and fits in a 1590BB hammond enclosure (XO in EHX terms). It's a pretty complicated circuit so getting it in anything smaller is pushing it. You have to build it yourself though, but maybe you could hire someone to do it for you
:)

+1

SB

• Members

Madbean Pedals sells a PCB that's an exact copy of the DEM and fits in a 1590BB hammond enclosure (XO in EHX terms). It's a pretty complicated circuit so getting it in anything smaller is pushing it. You have to build it yourself though, but maybe you could hire someone to do it for you
:)

I'll also suggest the BYOC Analog Flanger if you're planning on going this route. Made one for my gf's dad (he had no modulation, very sad). Great sounding flanger! Big build but not that difficult if you're good with PCB soldering.

• Members

May not be what you're after but i bought a Hartman Flanger recently and think it sounds really good.

This isn't my video - but i thought it shows it off quite nicely.

Ideally that's what I would get, but I've never had a flange pedal before and I don't know how much I'll like and use it so I want to start off with something cheap and simple to test the waters.

Archived