DID YOU READ THAT THAT DUDE IS DEAD?!

crohny

• Members

Until I read all this recently I didn't even know who he was and I've never been a fan of the band... so I've said nothing about it. But do I feel more 'real' and less bul{censored}ty than my friends who did post about it on facebook? not really.... stuff effects people differently. When Lux Interior died I was totally gutted, much more than I could have anticipated. I honestly did feel like I was in mourning for weeks afterwards and I was far from the biggest cramps fan in the world, even though I'd seen them a few times and own their records. I wasn't until he died though that I realised how much I would miss him and miss not having a new Cramps album or gig to look forward to... I dunno I'm waffling, but whatever

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Until I read all this recently I didn't even know who he was and I've never been a fan of the band... so I've said nothing about it. But do I feel more 'real' and less bul{censored}ty than my friends who did post about it on facebook? not really.... stuff effects people differently. When Lux Interior died I was totally gutted, much more than I could have anticipated. I honestly did feel like I was in mourning for weeks afterwards and I was far from the biggest cramps fan in the world, even though I'd seen them a few times and own their records. I wasn't until he died though that I realised how much I would miss him and miss not having a new Cramps album or gig to look forward to... I dunno I'm waffling, but whatever

Finally, someone gets the point of this thread.

• Members

All cronhy threads start with huge Bull{censored} statements then there is a bit of backtracking and excuse making followed up with numerous personal attacks and more bull{censored} statements.

And the only thing that happened out of that was my excuse of being drunk. Don't try and pretend I am you.

Pedaltones, yes, that as well.

• Members

I don't understand why you care so much about how people react to someone dying. The person who passed away isn't you and the people who are affected by his death aren't you. You have no idea how they may or may not be feeling, so I don't see why you should get your feathers riled up about it. I understand that you may not agree with people suddenly proclaiming their love and admiration for someone they seemingly didn't care about prior to their expiration, but honestly, how does that affect you in the least?

Maybe (and I don't mean to be offensive) you are projecting your own fears about how you will be perceived and remembered when you pass away. But do not be afraid, I may not agree with you all the time and we may not have communicated with each other very often in threads, but if you passed away, I would be saddened. I may not post about it on my FaceBook, but I would certainly take a moment to think and remember how we both clearly have a passion about effects pedals, so much so that we participated on a forum online dedicated to the topic.

• Members

I don't understand why you care so much about how people react to someone dying. The person who passed away isn't you and the people who are affected by his death aren't you. You have no idea how they may or may not be feeling, so I don't see why you should get your feathers riled up about it. I understand that you may not agree with people suddenly proclaiming their love and admiration for someone they seemingly didn't care about prior to their expiration, but honestly, how does that affect you in the least?

Maybe (and I don't mean to be offensive) you are projecting your own fears about how you will be perceived and remembered when you pass away. But do not be afraid, I may not agree with you all the time and we may not have communicated with each other very often in threads, but if you passed away, I would be saddened. I may not post about it on my FaceBook, but I would certainly take a moment to think and remember how we both clearly have a passion about effects pedals, so much so that we participated on a forum online dedicated to the topic.

You're not being offensive, I just don't understand how a celebrities death relates to me dying and people mourning me, considering I am not well known and would shy away from that than embrace it. This thread was started to see if others had similar views on celebrating ones life. Do you bull{censored} it and wait till the end? Do you take a trip into your child hood past and try and relive the joy that music brought to you regardless of the artist being alive or dead? Along with a bunch of other ways to think about a situation like this in negative and positive lights. Like Melx said, some times you don't really know what you appreciate till you lose it. Someones musical presence can be unnoticed on how it touches you and you may not realize it till it's gone. This {censored} doesn't affect me at all. I was never a Beastie Boys fan. Never owned anything and his death though sad for his loved ones has no effect on me at all. I'm not angry or bitter with the people tooting the death horn for him presently, just curious to how many of them may or may not be bull{censored}ters and how others perceive celebrity deaths and the reactions they get.

• Members

oh, my bad. I must've confused you with some other kid on here.

In other news, I really like the Church of Wolves I just listened. Cheers

Can't tell if you're being serious or not. Either way thank you.

• Members

Being in the ministry I've taken part in many funerals and memorial services, but I do not find crohny's post mean-spirited....I don't think he intended it to be. Let's face it....saying nice things about the deceased is done for the living. I do it to affirm, encourage and comfort the living...and there's nothing wrong with that. But, I agree with crohney...letting people know they are loved and appreciated while they are alive is superior.

We may act tough and independent..."I don't give a crap what other people think about me"...etc. But when someone expresses to us that we mean something to them...it enriches our life a bit regardless of how "tough" and apathetic we want others to think we are.

• Members

Irony Alert:

Getting panties in a twist because people draw attention to themselves, thus bringing attention to oneself.

Which people are you referring to? Are you saying Youch called for attention or for the ones who are mourning him? Either way, this statement has no substance and is way out of context to anything that has been said in this thread.

• Members

Lux Interior's dead?!???

• Members

Which people are you referring to? Are you saying Youch called for attention or for the ones who are mourning him? Either way, this statement has no substance and is way out of context to anything that has been said in this thread.

I believe he was talking about you...

Being in the ministry I've taken part in many funerals and memorial services, but I do not find crohny's post mean-spirited....I don't think he intended it to be. Let's face it....saying nice things about the deceased is done for the
living
. I do it to affirm, encourage and comfort the living...and there's nothing wrong with that.
But
, I agree with crohney...letting people know they are loved and appreciated while they are alive is superior.

We may act tough and independent..."I don't give a crap what other people think about me"...etc. But when someone expresses to us that we
mean
something to them...it enriches our life a bit regardless of how "tough" and apathetic we want others to think we are.

Great post. :phil:

• Members

I believe he was talking about you...

Obviously, but there are two parties being mentioned. I am assuming he means the ones grieving, but it's still unclear cause it's a rather bland substance-less statement.

Archived