OT: FREEDOM PSA - Get your @ronaldreagan.com e-mail address!!!!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Mike Matthews is of Lebanese decent and the influx of cash that helped him turn EHX around from bankruptcy was provided by Hezbollah in the late 80's right before the Berlin wall came down. It allowed them to not only bolster a legitimate business for their own end but also facilitated a means of trafficking since EHX was constantly shipping parts around the world.

this this pretty common knowledge...

• Members

I knew none of this stuff about Mike Matthews other than he despises unions (which I can understand as they tried to unionize his shop) and that he supported Romney during the '08 Republican primary.

Word was that the 'fighting unions' appeal to Guiliani (mayor at the time) was in reality just warding off any possibility of regulation that could have encroached on the factory work conditions at EHX and that any oversight would have caused issues with importing (dues/tax/impounding).

• Members

Do you know what working conditions were like in his shop? I don't. What if he treated his employees fairly? Why would there be a need for a union?

From what I've seen, it seems like Americans are really, really reluctant to risk their job forming a union unless their job is beyond terrible but they've been working at that place for long enough that their life is built around it. EHXs case in was in 1980s NYC though so who knows. Kind of a moot point now

PhilOKeefe@ronaldreagan.com
is taken. $5 is the going free market rate for the password. Supply and Demand.

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU :mad:

I never thought to try my own name - I gave up after I found out The Gipper was already taken. ;)

Other than the "Regan was a monster" comments from our friends in the UK (note to self: must resist making any Chamberlain / Thatcher comments), has this thread devolved into a huge political feces fest yet, or can I safely leave it open a little longer?

• Members

not so sure about all these emails people keep registering - it seems bad form to taunt and mock someone that could potentially come back from the dead

Single zombies aren't that threatening. Even less threatening are single zombies with Alzheimer's.

• Members

Do you know what working conditions were like in his shop? I don't. What if he treated his employees fairly? Why would there be a need for a union?

Seriously, this is like saying "If your POW camp guards are treating you well why would you want to escape"?

• Members

I have never heard of that union. I have heard of the mob racketeering the union in some instances, but that would be a local by local thing. Like, I said no idea what went on in NYC in the 80's.

I can believe people in his factory not wanting to unionize an extremely small business if they were treated fairly well, but that story reads so biased I am surprised there is not a part where a union thug with a hammer and sickle tattoo on his forehead punches an orphan in the throat, then Mike Matthews holds the kid while screaming "WHHHHYYYY!", and then a single tear rolls down his cheek and falls down onto the kid and the kid revives.

Archived