PSA: List of chatcrue may 2012 - aka - which threads to avoid

goodhonk

• Members

I appreciate your invite Bob but it's not something I ever want to be apart of. It doesn't interest me in the slightest but thank you.

the point is, be the change you wish to see.

go {censored}ing do a pedal demo. have 4 people reply to it, and then do another one. then post about your upcoming show. then post something that can be found on FB by being friends with katelynn bread. then another pedal demo.

derpity derpity doo

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

the point is, be the change you wish to see.

go {censored}ing do a pedal demo. have 4 people reply to it, and then do another one. then post about your upcoming show. then post something that can be found on FB by being friends with katelynn bread. then another pedal demo.

derpity derpity doo

It's like I didn't care for your post the first time and then the second time I cared for it a little less.

• Members

I asked you how I'd alienated myself, I was assuming it was by giving my opinion.

you alienated yourself by choosing not to join chat. you have no one to blame but you. the OP has a list of thread starters you should avoid.

you can throw around words like "clique" and "alienated" and "bromance", but it is really just some guys on this forum, that didn't particularly like each other before chat, having a laugh. it is highly addictive.

• Members

But I shouldn't have to avoid threads just because I don't want to spend more time on a forum or become best buds with some guys.

should chat crue have to stop posting non-sense in threads because you choose to be anti-social?

• Members

should chat crue have to stop posting non-sense in threads because you choose to be anti-social?

Surely I'm allowed to choose which social groups I interact with? I know this forum isn't strictly on topic which is a good thing but at times it just goes a bit overboard and becomes silly.

• Members

But music and pedal talk on here is reduced by the constant 'lol new I made internet friends and we have little jokes lets make that well known' thread that this 'chatcrue' seems to make constantly. I don't have a problem with people making friends but is there any need for these pointless threads?

I could see how that would be annoying if you weren't in on the joke but cared. I personally don't understand why people have to announce that a thread is a chat topic. Usually the threads are just random musings or gear related anyway. But to each his own...

Anyway, have a pleasant evening. I'm going to a minor league baseball game tonight and pray my allergies don't get the best of me.

• Members
It's like I didn't care for your post the first time and then the second time I cared for it a little less.

yeah its cause you don't want to do anything, you just want to bitch. when the next election comes up, run for moderator and see if you can best phil, then you can ban away. :thu:

• Members

yeah its cause you don't want to do anything, you just want to bitch. when the next election comes up, run for moderator and see if you can best phil, then you can ban away.
:thu:

Yep you caught me. Don't you worry I've got a list of who will culled when I'm moderator.

I don't have a list. Yet.

• Members

true story: I had a great dane that would pluck the feathers off our chickens
:o
we would come home to naked chickens running around the yard.

I never felt threatened by a great dane. Lovely dog.

Archived