A small low wattage practice amp

crohny

• Members

Starmansam has a Melvins avatar. I like the Melvins. I'm looking at the specs and I can say I will probably order this amp tonight beause it's cheap and a Bassamp so it'll handle the lower tunings. Low wattage tube amp can wait. Thanks man. Going to try and find some demos and make my final decision.

do it! it is my go-to small amp for guitar, baritone, and bass. does good enough cleans and can make a really nice platform for dooming it up. a further point is that at least two of my friends have this amp as well, so I have positive feedback from 3 users, myself included. and yes, the melvins rule.

• Members

do it! it is my go-to small amp for guitar, baritone, and bass. does good enough cleans and can make a really nice platform for dooming it up. a further point is that at least two of my friends have this amp as well, so I have positive feedback from 3 users, myself included. and yes, the melvins rule.

Yeah I ordered one. Figured I can't lose. I heard a bass demo of it and it sounded fine.

• Members

I sometimes venture into brootzy territory myself, though probably not at all as much as you, and I never tune lower than D standard...

And even than, my Pro Junior sounded way way too boxy and lame with dirt. Great for garage rock, blues, whatever. Or just as an alround sparkly clean recording amp though, but that's it impo.

I'd rule out all 10" speakers altogether actually. And if it's mainly for downtuned brutalz, and stricly for home/practice use...I bet you'd have most fun with a small modeling amp of some sort. Should be more effective at gimmicking a big amp, which is what I'd want when using dirt peds and standard A tuning.

• Members

ill sell you my egnater tweaker (head) for $225. we're in the same area so itd be really easy if you want it. let me know if youre interested.

sounds like you may be looking for a combo, though.

That's a very good price for the Tweaker head :thu:

Archived