A small low wattage practice amp

crohny

• Members

Suggestions for small low wattage practice amp would be awesome. Would like tube, but that is honestly not in the funds presently. Unless you know of one that goes for cheap that handles pedals well. Specially fuzz pedals. Any decent SS recommendations would be more than welcome as well.

• Members

i love my Orange crush 3; it costs about $70 now i think. It's a 3 watt battery powered amp, with a wood cab, and a 3" speaker. 2 channels and and built in tuner. It's perfect for jamming along, full volume, with a stereo, or just to practice plugged in. Won't work with a band, but you did say practice amp. I also have a Peavy Vampyr, 30 watt. It sounds fantastic for $200, and has every amp you want, plus effects. Sounds good on 1 or 10. You can pick up the 15 watt version for $100.

• Members

i wouldn't get anything less that a 12' speaker or a bass 10' because of the tunings you use.

oh, just remembered - how about a Fender Excelsior? they sound great and have a 15' speaker. they don't have tons of headroom though. look into them.

• Members

For what I know you like to do, either a Cube or a Fender Champ would be awesome. champs are cheap too....$300ish usually.

I want it to practice but not specifically just for the heavies. I do play outside of that, also liking the idea of UNDER $200.

• Members

i wouldn't get anything less that a 12' speaker or a bass 10' because of the tunings you use.

oh, just remembered - how about a Fender Excelsior? they sound great and have a 15' speaker. they don't have tons of headroom though. look into them.

I want that {censored}ign 15 inch combo badly but I doubt it's affordable. I should have mentioned how much I wanted to spend. I suck at being clear with what I want. haha

Yeah those {censored}ers are 299 new. Champ 600 is the most appealing so far.

• Members

I want that {censored}ign 15 inch combo badly but I doubt it's affordable. I should have mentioned how much I wanted to spend. I suck at being clear with what I want. haha

Yeah those {censored}ers are 299 new. Champ 600 is the most appealing so far.

you're tuning to A, right? a Champ 600 has a very small speaker, take that into consideration. i like those amps a lot, but chances are you'll blow that {censored} up in no time.

• Members

Starmansam has a Melvins avatar. I like the Melvins. I'm looking at the specs and I can say I will probably order this amp tonight beause it's cheap and a Bassamp so it'll handle the lower tunings. Low wattage tube amp can wait. Thanks man. Going to try and find some demos and make my final decision.

• Members

Tech 21 Trademark 10 or Trademark 30

Amazing range of very convincing tube-like tones from an all-analog solid state amp. Can usually be found used for well under $150

Pretty good demo starts (after the blues wankery) at about 1:44

Archived