REVERB: I've narrowed it down to 2.

• Members

The new Malekko Spring or the Dr. Scientist Mini RRR???

I realize the RRR is far more versatile, but I MUST have a good spring sound. I dig the Malekko over SubDecay's Spring Theory, so don't suggest that.

Basically, how is the spring on the mini RRR? Surfy or what? That's what I'll be mostly using it for.

Oh, and I also realize that you will wanna say "well if you just want it for surf then go Spring." Well I {censored}ing might, OK? Jeez. Thing is I enjoy sitting indian style and messing around with settings. Maybe I wanna do that sometimes too. But, if the spring setting on the RRR are agreed to be {censored}ty, then I'll go Spring.

• Members

To keep this alive a little longer...

What do you guys find to be your favourite pedal for plate reverb? Anyone have an RRR and also love plate?

Are you just going to reply bluesky?

Nope. I was going to reply 'buy an old rack effects unit and save a ton and get a better plate reverb than the Blue Sky'.

• Members

To keep this alive a little longer...

What do you guys find to be your favourite pedal for plate reverb? Anyone have an RRR and also love plate?

Are you just going to reply bluesky?

RV5...

didn't find too much of a difference with the RV5 and the RRR on the plate setting honestly. Just fiddle with the tone knob on the RV5

• Members

Spring isn't really my thing, but malekko pedals sound great. It will also probably break in a few months.

Gah, I know!

I've had a few. It's just those Omicrons. My 616 is still perfect, but the little ones (I've had the phase, trem, and e filter) are just not super sturdy. They'd be great for studio stuff, but after about a year, my phase got real noisy. I gigged a lot and stomped on it a ton, and probably over-zealously. I sold it but am unhappy because it's my favorite phase tone, bar none. Not a Phase 90 guy.

Anyway...

That spring just sounds so nice. I believe they've improved the components a bit. Better switch and post apparently, or so says pgs Andy. Hmm.

Archived