first day of crossfit...

d4rk0

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not sure what's wrong with your foot, but if you can do an exercise bike, you can do p90x! No need for a machine.

From another thread, but this is my foot as of yesterday. Surgery a week ago, healing nicely. Looks worse than it is. But the swelling will take 6 months or so. Need something with low impact. Is p90x low impact?

382422_3715855647532_281816658_n.jpg

• Members

From another thread, but this is my foot as of yesterday. Surgery a week ago, healing nicely. Looks worse than it is. But the swelling will take 6 months or so. Need something with low impact. Is p90x low impact?

Bike and elliptical- but VERY slow at first. See if it aggravates it on any stride. Also, any upper body routines, abs, legs (leg curls, extensions) etc. can all be done w/o the use of your feet. :)

• Members

Nice. Take care of your hands, your palms are eventually going to rip open until you build up calluses. Once you get the calluses, it's good to shave them down or use a dremel tool to grind them down so they don't rip off.

• Members

Nice. Take care of your hands, your palms are eventually going to rip open until you build up calluses. Once you get the calluses, it's good to shave them down or use a dremel tool to grind them down so they don't rip off.

Jesus am I going to grow hooves???

• Members

How is anyone going to be able to do 21 pull-ups (full range) without already being super strong? And to do that again for a second and third set? GTFOH! That would mean that the person could do at least 35 on the first set, in order to have the strength to repeat 21 twice.

I've been doing crossfit/general fitness pretty much since I was in high school and I can honestly say I'm able to do about 35 pull-ups at once as long as I haven't already worked out that day. Kipping has quite a bit to do with the cross fit ideals too. The kip quite literally involves the whole body so gets all kinds of {censored} strong while you're working on being able to do them straight.

• Members

I've been doing crossfit/general fitness pretty much since I was in high school and I can honestly say I'm able to do about 35 pull-ups at once as long as I haven't already worked out that day. Kipping has quite a bit to do with the cross fit ideals too. The kip quite literally involves the whole body so gets all kinds of {censored} strong while you're working on being able to do them straight.

So this call this Kipping, huh? We used to call it cheating, or just really bad form.

• Members

lol, no. Physical exercise is amazing. Give it a try!

I'm not knocking exercise, I'm just pointing out the futility of a "fit lifestyle" that promotes aggressive exercise merely for its own sake, rather than a lifestyle that incorporates exercise into getting what you need to survive, in order to stay in shape, while we're finding more and more excuses every day to become fully dependent on technology to do that for us. Parallel parking too hard? Can't read a map or find a place? Unable to remember more than two phone numbers? Make technology do it for you! Just remember to stop before SkyNet becomes self-aware. Take the people in "Wall-E" for an example: we'll choose a new "helpful" gadget over strenuous exercise every time because it's now the path of least resistance.

"Survival of the fittest" no longer applies.

• Members

What other muscles is it working besides lats, shoulders, and biceps? I can see that the abs might be tensed, but they're not contracting. No chest, triceps, legs, or lumbar muscles are working, so I don't think it can be considered a total body workout.

• Members

Pull-ups are actually way more of a core strength/core test than the world thinks. Like I said, I have skinny bitch arms and can do around 35 pull-ups. The kip helps to strengthen the {censored} out of core muscles in training. I used to have to kip a lot to do 10, then got stronger and my ten became perfect, so I kipped my way to 20 and got stronger and so on...

The idea is to be able to complete the full range of motion and keep the heart rate up throughout the workout, instead of just doing 5 perfect ones and getting off. Getting to the point of muscle failure and going as far as possible can do great things for the body.

Archived