first day of crossfit...

d4rk0

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

go to a crossfit gym and have someone show you how to do a crossfit pull-up, and
THEN
tell me its not a full body exercise. OR do pull ups your own way and shut the {censored} up.
:idk:

Maybe we have different ideas of what "full body exercise" means. I take it to mean that it works all, or nearly all of the major muscles in the body. All the videos of kipping, and what I've seen in the gym involve the same muscles as pull-ups, with added swinging. Here's what's not worked- chest, tris, thighs, hamstrings, calves. That's more than half the body. If you think these muscles are worked perhaps you could explain how, given the motion involved in the exercise. If you need to wait and ask your trainer, you can get back to me.

• Members
go to a crossfit gym and have someone show you how to do a crossfit pull-up, and
THEN
tell me its not a full body exercise. OR do pull ups your own way and shut the {censored} up.
:idk:

OR kindly explain how a kip is a full-body workout when your legs do not have a resistive load on them

• Members

haha I missed that kipping pullups are a full body exercise

Have either of you done the kipping pullup enough to master it? Because it sounds like you are talking out your ass. I do both the dead hand and the kip, I do them for different purposes during different excercises, because they are different workouts. HERE is a basic article on the subject.

Also, when properly doing a kip, the swing comes from the chest/core, the knees coming up activate the lower abs. So, they definitely work more muscle groups than a dead-hang.

Finally, let me reiterate. I do traditional conditioning and CrossFit. In fact, I prefer traditional conditioning. I do dead-hang pullups and chinups the majority of the time, but instead of sitting on a forum talking about something I know nothing about, I get out to the gym 4 or 5 times a week and actually do these things.

• Members

lolcats-i-fucking-hate-you-guys.jpg

4959926441_8c1657371b.jpg

• Members

Have either of you done the kipping pullup enough to master it? Because it sounds like you are talking out your ass. I do both the dead hand and the kip, I do them for different purposes during different excercises, because they are different workouts.
is a basic article on the subject.

Also, when properly doing a kip, the swing comes from the chest/core, the knees coming up activate the lower abs. So, they definitely work more muscle groups than a dead-hang.

Finally, let me reiterate. I do traditional conditioning and CrossFit. In fact, I prefer traditional conditioning. I do dead-hang pullups and chinups the majority of the time, but instead of sitting on a forum talking about something I know nothing about, I get out to the gym 4 or 5 times a week and actually do these things.

in your expert opinion can you tell me if jumping up in the air and waving your hands around is a full body workout? because it sounds like it is

• Members

in your expert opinion can you tell me if jumping up in the air and waving your hands around is a full body workout? because it sounds like it is

Red herring much? Either you are trolling or have learning disabilities, either way, I'm done with you. Go ask a trainer about the differences between the two workouts, I have (I workout in an Air Force gym and get access to the staff and trainers at will).

• Members

Have either of you done the kipping pullup enough to master it? Because it sounds like you are talking out your ass. I do both the dead hand and the kip, I do them for different purposes during different excercises, because they are different workouts.
is a basic article on the subject.

Swinging doesn't work the chest. And the knee raise part of the movement isn't much of an ab workout. None of this "definitely works more muscle groups than a dead-hang." It's simply using body English to get oneself up. Just as doing standing barbell curls and arching one's back is using body English (i.e., cheating) to lift more weight or do more reps.

• Members

What the {censored} did you just {censored}ing say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the {censored} out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my {censored}ing words. You think you can get away with saying that {censored} to me over the Internet? Think again, {censored}er. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're {censored}ing dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little {censored}. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your {censored}ing tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will {censored} fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're {censored}ing dead, kiddo.

Archived