Umm, Jagstang?

jw10

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would so buy that guitar. Looks like a great idea. Hope someone at Fender sees that.

I may just send that to someone at Fender. I've got it saved on my desktop as woolyh-Mustang-Jaguar mockup.jpg ;)

Seriously, I think it looks great too. It would be perfect for the Pawn Shop series.

http://www.wutzdog-guitars.de/inventory/inventory-details/article/1967-fender-jazzmaster/

It's a modded / one-off, done by someone other than Fender. While it's an interesting and seemingly cool guitar, IMO, for them to call it a "1967 Jazzmaster" is extremely misleading, even if they explain themselves in the fine print. The guitar itself appears to be a modified '67 Duo Sonic, and it has far more in common with that model than with the Jazzmaster. The body and neck are still Duo Sonic parts, despite what the replaced headstock logo says. In fact, other than the logo (probably a reproduction) and the pickup, and maybe the witch hat knobs, the rest of it is all Duo Sonic II. Even the replacement bridge is far more similar in design to the Duo Sonic bridge than a Jazzmaster's.

Still, it's an interesting guitar - thanks for posting it. :)

• Members

I would so buy that guitar. Looks like a great idea. Hope someone at Fender sees that.

yeah, that would be infinitely better than some of their pawn shop series.. maybe with a VI body though?

bassVI.jpg

Archived