CL facepalm replies

mhuxtable

• Members

I'm getting a couple of very :facepalm: worthy replies on my local CL for my ad I have up to sell my AVRI Jag.

Its in great shape, has the Fender hardshell case & everything...I put $1000 knowing I'll get talked down, but that ballpark is pretty fair I think?

So I get the usual tire kickers, one lowballer (I'll give you $600 cash tonight!) and then this kid who seems interested. Then out of nowhere I get this message:

My shop said they sold one for 899 that was perfect condition and had upgrades plus hardshell. I cant pay close to used retail. I could pay 650 for the combination

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I love when people say "upgrades" increase the value...and then that kicker...I can't pay close to used retail WTF?? Then the lowball....I'm pretty sure this kid is in college....I just that it was funny and odd and annoying that he thinks a used retail price is somewhere going to be way different than a use CL price.

Tell me your {censored}ty CL replies so I can laugh.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it depends on what you're looking for.

I offered him the Jag plus an EHX pedal I was selling for $850.....that's when he said he couldn't pay "anywhere near used retail"

Sorry, but I'm not selling my AVRI Jaguar for $600. I'm not that hard up for cash. That like pawn shop {censored}.

• Members

I would probably say in the CL your absolute lowest price then. If you want $900 say it, and that you're not desperate, so don't waste your (and my) time. Price is FIRM or something like that. Show 'em you mean {censored}in business.

• Members

CL sucks for low ballers I was selling my HD last year,and I got so sick of it I just kept it.I put obo that was a huge mistake.Had one chick start screaming at me because I wouldn't take her offer told me I could shove the bike up my and that was the last thing I heard as I hung up.

• Members

What's so hard about replying "no thanks" and moving on? I'll admit that I wouldn't like having people call me on the phone and argue about the worth, but quite frankly I couldn't care less what they offer in an email.

There are always people on CL that will take a low ball offer. As long as they exist, you can expect people to low ball. You should blame the people who sell their stuff for too low a price.

• Members

meh, none of that was taht :facepalm: worthy. just some typical lowballers.

talk about the dick on TGP though who trolled the {censored} out of me on a trade deal tho... :mad: yea im mad. what a {censored}nut. i hope hes an hcfx'er too so he knows how much of an extreme douchenozzle he is.

• Members

I actually think TGP is getting worse than CL. Word clearly got around that TGP is an awesome buying and selling market so everyone and their grandma joined. I have an amp up for sale for $800 right now that a dude with 0 posts harassed me about selling for $200 and he's {censored}ing relentless.

Even if you put "No trades" or "Conus Only" in HUGE bold letters people don't give a {censored} anymore. People are just out to get the best deal possible at this point and CL and TGP are really the only decent markets right now for used gear. Most of the dudes that replied to you probably just don't have the balls to haggle in person, that's the case 99% of the time.

• Members

youre playing the same game he is. you ask too much on purpose, he offers too little on purpose- this is why CL sucks.

I don't think $1000 is too much for an AVRI with a case....they seem to go for that much quite often. I'm just willing to accept a bit less.

• Members

man, as a canadian i think its stupid when people put CONUS only. wtf do you care if the buyer is covering shipping costs if you ship it to hawaii, michigan, arizona, alaska, or canada???

and to elaborate hux, some guy had a nice spacey chorus up for sale/trade with a filter pedal i currently have as a list of trade bait. i bit, told him i have the filter pedal he wants, he said yea, lets do it. ignores me for a day. then gives me some complete bull{censored} excuses why he doesnt want my filter pedal even tho it was on his list of trades he wanted, says im trying to lowball him essentially. i ask him what he wants me to pay to even out the deal, because me, an upstanding hcfx citizen want to make it work, im willing to work with him to get the deal done, he cockmunches some more. now the deal is off :( my gas for said spacey chorus pedal is at an all time high. douchenozzle. just tell me at least that you found another buyer or someone is giving your a better deal on it or something. not some bull{censored} ass {censored} ass TGP excuses about running it at 18v or some {censored}, even tho my filter pedal can do all that he said! {censored}ing runt.

• Members

umm... isn't this why CL ROCKS? what you're describing is called 'bargaining'.

Exactly. CL rocks for buying because you can score great deals. CL rocks for selling because it's free and you totally get your money's worth.

I just picked up a set of $400 JBL speakers for $100. The guy wanted $150 and I emailed him an offer of $100. He called me and said he'd take $125. I responded that $100 was all I would go, that I emailed the offer so not to bug him with a low price, that he could continue to try and get more, and if he ever changed his mind to let me know. He kept the ad up for several weeks when I sent him an email saying... "The $100 offer is still open". He replied... "Come get them".

CL is a terrible marketing tool. You aren't reaching out to the buyers who want your product. You are hoping that they will be looking when you post. It is what it is and it's free.

• Members

The few times I have listed gear I haven't had too many problems.

A few years ago I listed a couple printers I had for free. One worked, one was simply for parts. I had a bunch of extra toner. I wasn't using them and just wanted them gone. Free should be a pretty good price for a color laser printer.

I got a ton of replies, but everyone seemed to want to meet me on their schedule, or wanted to test the working printer. It's {censored}ing free, just come get it.
The worst though was a guy who lived 100 miles away and wanted to meet me in a grocery store parking lot at 11pm or some {censored}. he was going to bring his laptop so he could test the printer. (where the {censored} was he going to get power for a printer)

The dude was super annoying, after he responded to my initial reply he sent me an email every ten minutes asking if I'd received his reply. "please let me know" "I really need to know" "I'm only going to have access to my email for another hour today" "call me"

• Members

There's always the guy with this response:

"I'll give you (half of asking price) cash in hand today"

Mother{censored}er you're gonna give me cash in hand no matter what price you pay. Like that phrase is some sort of incentive.

Archived