Under the radar pedals

RUExp?

• Members

What pedals do you think are great but never get mentioned?

I like the AMT Fatal Tube which produces a great tube amp-like distortion. It has a good EQ section and with the drive/gain controls you can go from very low gain to very high gain.

Also, there is no tube in it. :p

AMT-Electronics-Fatal-Tube-guitar-effect

[video=youtube;uVH4P4NuZSI]

• Members

Doubly seriously!

100_1331.jpg

This also doubles as my chorus/reverb pedal. If you run it in modulation mode, turn the repeat and time knobs down to 0, and turn the level up to about 3 o'clock, you get a really nice chorusy-reverby sound. It's a really versatile pedal.

Sometimes I don't think DigiTech stomp boxes get their fair share of credit. Good effects.

• Members

Not sure if it's still under the radar, but the DOD vibrothang is tits money. It's like the tremolo on an old brownface Fender. The old answer to this question was the DE7, but seeing as how they are still ass cheap it still applies. Also the Behringer Vintage Delay is killer for $30.

• Members

I recommended an X Series Hyper Phase to someone just the other day - it's a lot of phaser for very reasonable money.

The entire x series is great, I really think the digidelay directly led to Boss coming out with the DD-7 to compete with the tape/mod delay options it had.

• Members

Wilbo, did they make two different versions of the Vibrothang?

There were three different looks:

http://www.americaspedal.net/fx22/

I have the one in the middle and it was made in the US, at some point they moved over to China. I've had mine pick up radio stations a couple of times, I've heard the newer ones aren't quite as bad in that regard, no idea if there's any real difference in sound.

• Members

I have the one in the middle and it was made in the US, at some point they moved over to China. I've had mine pick up radio stations a couple of times, I've heard the newer ones aren't quite as bad in that regard, no idea if there's any real difference in sound.

Good info! I've got version 3. It's a cool pedal.

• Members

almost all digitech pedals. i think its about their company name, the name digitech is a too digital sounding name,
:lol:
are they big on the 80's where digital crystal lettuce conquer?

They've had a few heavy hitters over the years. WH-1 is the prime example. The PDS series has always had a lot of love, the 20/20 was my desert island pedal until I got my M9, and even then the 20/20's werid 80's digital crunch is still unattainable in that. The bad monkey made a lot of waves when it first came out. They've been making top notch gear for a long time and only the worst snobs would really turn their nose up at their big time offerings.

• Members

They've had a few heavy hitters over the years. WH-1 is the prime example. The PDS series has always had a lot of love, the 20/20 was my desert island pedal until I got my M9, and even then the 20/20's werid 80's digital crunch is still unattainable in that. The bad monkey made a lot of waves when it first came out. They've been making top notch gear for a long time and only the worst snobs would really turn their nose up at their big time offerings.

yeah, a lot of people have sort of snobbery over digitech, i like the bad monkey personally. also I always encounter noobs saying its digital :facepalm:

• Members

Man I'm glad a good number of you guys agree on DigiTech. I honestly feel they make some of the best pedals around. In the past I only used the whammy, which is a great classic, but once I got the DigiDelay I started to realize their stomp boxes are pretty legit too!

I don't know what it is about the company that people snuff at their pedals but they are pretty awesome. I have been thinking about getting their envelop filter/auto wah and maybe the DigiVerb. But yeah, great pedals at a great price!

• Members

There were four versions - the three American-made FX22s and the Chinese-made VFX22.

The Vibrothang has been one of my favourite pedals for years and I have recommended it on this forums loads of times. I bought my first in one in early '96 (not long after they were released over here).

Archived