recommend me a very musical, soft, mellow overdrive

music321

• Members

I'm talking a higher-end pedal. Not a boss, digitech, etc.

I so wanted the wampler ecstacy to be it, but it just isn't. I like that it has a "musical" tone, but it just isn't the musical tone i'm looking for. ideas? thanks.

• Members

I'm talking a higher-end pedal
. Not a boss, digitech, etc.

I so wanted the wampler ecstacy to be it, but it just isn't. I like that it has a "musical" tone, but it just isn't the musical tone i'm looking for. ideas? thanks.

cleary it's a Klon you want then.

• Members

EHX English Muff'n has 2 lower gain 12AY7 tube in it. Very touch sensitive. Strum lightly & you have a very present transparent overdrive without crackle, strum hard & it's 60s-70s Marshall-esque. Beware! I got one with a bad tube.

Best overdrive pedal I've ever used.

• Members

EHX English Muff'n has 2 lower gain 12AY7 tube in it. Very touch sensitive. Strum lightly & you have a very present transparent overdrive without crackle, strum hard & it's 60s-70s Marshall-esque. Beware! I got one with a bad tube.

Best overdrive pedal I've ever used.

• Members

I've got an NOC3 Pure Drive and love it. It's been on every iteration of my board for years and I have no plans of replacing it.

eca11e0a.jpg

There are internal trimmers to center where the bass and treble knobs sweep, the IC is socketed so you can experiment, and yeah, I love it. I've had no trouble matching it to any guitar/amp setup. It also sounds great in front of an already dirty amp/distortion pedal as a booster.

• Members

What's a musical tone? Somebody should tell Boss and Digitech that they should make a musical tone pedal.

Genuinely, can someone explain 'musical' in regards to a pedal? Is this just the go to word people use when they like something?

I thought most things would be musical once you plug in a musical instrument.

• Members

I think maybe the OP is talking about an overdrive that's not too gritty in the plexi sense, probably something that's smoother that's in the screamer realm. (though I'm not positive).

If that's the case most screamer type overdrives should do, M.I. Audio Blues Boy comes to mind. If you want something more transparent the Barber LTD might do the trick. If you need to spend lots of money, there always the Klon.

• Members

Klon

Also the Mad Professor Sweet Honey OD i found to be very soft and mellow, rather low gain if that is ok with you. not sure if mellow = low gain or what.

CMATMODS Signa Drive :idk:

Paul C Timmy?

some kind of Booteek Tubescreamer clone

• Members

The Wampler Euphoria (once called the Ecstasy) is what you seek. It has a versatile tone stack and can go from completely clean to raunchy overdrive. It also has a 3 way toggle for different styles of OD.

[video=youtube;vRWkMguMinQ]

Archived