NGD: Tell me about it.

• Members

So today I was hanging out with a good friend of mine that I've known since I was 2. He was my next-door neighbor, and I was kind of the Dennis the Menace to his Mr Wilson. We grabbed a bite to eat and then swung by his house so he could show me some work he had been doing on it. We were checking out the walk up attic that he was thinking of finishing off and he said I should check out some stuff he had in storage. He pointed to a chipboard case, and I was thinking it was going to be some old beater guitar. He opened it up and pulled out this:

GibsonAcoustic.jpg

Man, was I surprised. I tuned it up, strummed a few chords, and while doing so he told me he wanted me to have it since he doesn't even play. Beautiful guitar that plays and sounds great, and I'm definitely going to treasure. I don't know anything about it. It has an interesting bridge that has two screws on the side, haven't seen another like it. Anyone have any info on this? I'm definitely not well versed in the acoustic guitar realm. Early wedding present for me!

• Members

My buddy has one of those in all Mahogany - it's a killer guitar.

You owe that guy a 12-pack!

Even without the guitar, I owe this guy more than a 12 pack. He doesn't drink anymore, so I'll have to think of something else.

Archived