Reverb aficionados - get in here!

• Members

I'm in an ongoing search for a great reverb and would like some suggestions. At the moment I have an RV-5 which I use on modulate for longer verbs and a Holy Grail Plus.

I love the sound of the RV-5 it sounds really full and seems to gel with the guitar sound really well but I don't always want to use such a long verb and I don't want to use the modulate sound on every song as it will quickly sound tired. The Holy Grail isn't doing it for me and I want to replace it

I want a verb for medium decay times that has a nice rich sound to it

What I have tried so far -

Marshall Reflector - nice but too subtle and prone to flaking out

Digitech Digiverb - sounds brittle and the fixed pre-delay ruined it for me

Holy Grail - sounds thin and too subtle for my ears

I don't have the budget for a Space but I am considering - HOF, Dr Scientist RRR, Neunaber Wet or a Blue Sky but would rather not spend that much. I'm not that fussed about a Belton Brick based Spring Reverb emulator, I guess I'm more of a plate/hall sort of guy

Any suggestions?

• Members

Some folks seem to like the "room" function on the Subdecay Spring Theory, which might be your bag. Have you gotten into the Line 6 models? You can get an M5 and have much more than just reverb.

Thanks. I had toyed with the idea of an M5, it does have a lot of cool looking reverb models as well

• Members

I'm gunna keep reppin the source audio dimension reverb. Not the best demos on youtube but this thing is a champ and priced decently. Perfect for what you're after really. Also has presets and is so adjustable you could never really grow tired of it.

• Members

Yeah i'm considering an RV3 again after parting from one twice.
One was given away as a gift.
I miss the clarity that it has in Hall and I really need to compare the hall modes with the RV2.

That Red Panda was pretty impressive too and the Spring Theory room mode is extra long. nice.

If you prefer hall and plate modes, there are a lot better options out there than if you were a spring type a guy. I'm sure you know this.
That said, you'd love the WET. In mono or stereo. Both are great.

• Members
FWIW you can get the rv-5 modulate sound with any delay pedal with mod. Turn the delay to like really low(not inaudible) and then turn the feedback up like 75 percent.

:cop: after owning a bunch of delays, I can say 75% on some is wildly oscillating. also that modulation has a fairly low depth. its pretty moderate.

• Members

Never liked EHX reverbs either.

What I'd try:

Dirt cheap: Biyang Tri-Reverb

Cheapish: RV-3

Affordable: Hardwire Supernatural. Obviously haven't tried this one, but the demo seems very promising.

Pricey: Blue Sky.

• Members

:cop:
after owning a bunch of delays, I can say 75% on some is wildly oscillating. also that modulation has a fairly low depth. its pretty moderate.

I use a dd7 for looping, thats the settings i use on it for the tonez.

My dl4 also does it but it's a little more intricate. I can do clips if you want.

• Members

FWIW you can get the rv-5 modulate sound with any delay pedal with mod. Turn the delay to like really low(not inaudible) and then turn the feedback up like 75 percent.

This or a TC Hall of Fame with the Room with a View toneprint, same as the RV-5 Modulate mode.

• Members

I use a dd7 for looping, thats the settings i use on it for the tonez.

My dl4 also does it but it's a little more intricate. I can do clips if you want.

Steve-o, I ain't saying you not getting dem tonez. Imma say 75% is a general delay setting. and 75% varies a lot from delay to delay. I put the little cop in there to say, "Hey, I'm just busting your balls and adding a little supplemental information."

• Members

Thanks for all the great recommendations, I should have clarified that I am going to keep the RV-5 for longer modulated delays but I want to replace the holy grail with something that has an equally deep sound but with less modulation and a shorter decay, I still want the reverb to be quite present just less drawn out. There's some great sounding suggestions here that I need to listen to on some good headphones!

• Members

Steve-o, I ain't saying you not getting dem tonez. Imma say 75% is a general delay setting. and 75% varies a lot from delay to delay. I put the little cop in there to say, "Hey, I'm just busting your balls and adding a little supplemental information."

Oh gotcha bromeo.

So dudes, what you should do is, put it as high as it will go before it oscillates.

Archived