The Official Minimum Wage Argument Thread

rileykill

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have to admit, I have a perverse love of the twisted logic that allows half of my Facebook feed to simultaneously say Obama is the worst president of all time because there's no jobs, and meanwhile everyone that has a {censored}ty job, is unemployed or hates banks shouldn't complain because they can just get a job, in which case Obama must be an economic genius because there's jobs growing on trees and everyones' just complaining instead of taking them.

• Members

I have to admit, I have a perverse love of the twisted logic that allows half of my Facebook feed to simultaneously say Obama is the worst president of all time because there's no jobs, and meanwhile everyone that has a {censored}ty job, is unemployed or hates banks shouldn't complain because they can just get a job, in which case Obama must be an economic genius because there's jobs growing on trees and everyones' just complaining instead of taking them.

the problem is not Obama, it is the system that doesn't work but for a few.

By the way, most american presidents are just bag holders for others who really rule the USA

I signed up to get the "tell me more / stay informed" political email feeds from both the Republicans and Democrats, Romney and Obama. :snax:

Most of the time, they're asking me for money instead of trying to tell me where they stand on the issues, and why. :rolleyes::facepalm:

• Members

the problem is not Obama, it is the system that doesn't work but for a few.

By the way, most american presidents are just bag holders for others who really rule the USA

I used to think it didn't matter who the president was. Then we ended up with George W. Bush and I changed my mind.

The president is more than a "bag holder." At the very least he's a powerful diplomat and beyond that happens to command an extremely powerful army.

• Members

Black Sabbath War Pigs Lyrics

Songwriters: F. IOMMI, W. WARD, T. BUTLER, J. OSBOURNE

Generals gathered in their masses

Just like witches at black masses

Evil minds that plot destruction

Sorcerers of death's construction

In the fields the bodies burning

As the war machine keeps turning

Death and hatred to mankind

Poisoning their brainwashed minds

Oh lord yeah!

Politicians hide themselves away

They only started the war

Why should they go out to fight?

They leave that role to the poor

Time will tell on their power minds

Making war just for fun

Treating people just like pawns in chess

Wait 'til their judgement day comes

Yeah!

Now in darkness world stops turning

Ashes where the bodies burning

No more war pigs have the power

Hand of God has struck the hour

Day of judgement, God is calling

On their knees the war pig's crawling

Begging mercy for their sins

Satan laughing spreads his wings

Oh lord yeah!

[video=youtube;LkzHvkQdC8Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkzHvkQdC8Q&feature=related

• Members

Minimum wage in Canada=$10.25/hr

Minimum wage in USA=$7.25/hr Alabama. $6.55/hr

Plus we have universal FREE healthcare. Get sick, no costs other than parking fees, and that is being reviewed as an illegal user fee. No private health insurance premiums either.

• Members

no, lets take no accountability a step further and blame the england. since we used to be an english colony this is really their fault. obama just inherited it, just like bush. no one should ever be held accountable for not doing what they said they would. ever. to suggest otherwise is racist, apparently.

• Members

He inherited the dog crap from the financial housing scandal that crippled the world, thanks to Bush, plus the financial crippling from the war on Iraq. Then when the {censored} hit the fan, the auto manufacturers went belly up. This is what he started with.

In Canada we never bought into the Milton Friedman economic policies and did not lose our shirts. We kept controls in place and when most of the world tanked Canada had one of the strongest economies in the world.

Archived