EVENTIDE SPACEs on B&H PHOTO FOR $100

-Andrew-

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Looks like a killer deal, except at the top of the page it's listed under the following category:

Home > Professional Audio > Computer Audio Software > Virtual Processor Plug-Ins > Eventide Blackhole

Looks like they've inserted the wrong description and photo under the listing the the Blackhole plugin. Not sure what your trading standards would have to say about that over there, but I'm pretty sure over here the shop is obligated to sell you an Eventide Space for the price they've listed (ie their problem, not yours).

It was in fact an error and we're very sorry for it and for any inconvenience or dissatisfaction it's caused. Under the Equitable doctrine of unilateral mistakes (and the disclaimer included with our email newsletters and our site) we are not obligated to honor this error. This was an honest good-faith mistake and the effect of honoring this mistake would be economically unconscionable and would cause demonstrable hardship causing us a substantial loss, not merely diminished hardship. Rescinding the transaction is the only remedy under unilateral mistake.

As I said we regret this situation and apologize. If the error had meant a reduced profit or a moderate and tolerable loss we'd have honored these, but that's not the situation.

• Members

pretty sure that's the place my wife bought a camera from and they sent just the body of the camera, guts not included. getting a refund was nearly impossible.

While this seems VERY unlikely I'd be happy to check. My email is in my sig.

• Members

the old bait, sell, and refund ploy. this was all a trick to make everyone feel lucky, disappointed, and be excited when a company representative posted in the thread. well played, whatever the {censored} company were talking about. well played.

i want to believe this

• Members

I worked in a music store quite a few years ago, and one day we found a Canadian online retailer had listed the price for a pair of Rode NT-5 mics the same as a single mic. We all jumped on that error and ordered a set. I think in total 6 of us ordered a pair of NT-5's. They must have noticed an error and quickly took the page down. Luckily for us they honoured their mistake and we all got a sweet deal on some very decent mics.

• Members

Henryp, please consider coupon codes for those who were issued refunds. This does not include me. I'm just looking out for my cohorts.

Such a move would give your company a better foothold in this market, IMO. B&H doesn't get mentioned here a lot since it's not music-specific. Either way, thanks for posting here.

• Members

Henryp. please ignore the moneygrubbing request for coupon codes. It appears to be just another way to ask for something where nothing was merited. I for one find it embarrassing that so many people here jumped on an obvious, simple mistake in listing.

Archived