EVENTIDE SPACEs on B&H PHOTO FOR $100

-Andrew-

• Members

I haven't been around in a while, but my buddy notified me of this deal and I had to share with the dudes on HCFX. Don't know if its a mistake in their system or what, but I just ordered 3 and obviously plan on flipping 2 of them.

Or, if I have totally missed something and have been suckered into buying something other than what I think I am--let me know so I can cancel my order before it ships! :lol:

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Looks like a killer deal, except at the top of the page it's listed under the following category:

Home > Professional Audio > Computer Audio Software > Virtual Processor Plug-Ins > Eventide Blackhole

Looks like they've inserted the wrong description and photo under the listing the the Blackhole plugin. Not sure what your trading standards would have to say about that over there, but I'm pretty sure over here the shop is obligated to sell you an Eventide Space for the price they've listed (ie their problem, not yours).

• Members

I plan on holding them to the fact that they have advertised the Eventide Space STOMPBOX (not plugin) for $99, so that is what I expect to receive. I dont think they have a choice but to honor it for the people who have purchased it at the $99 price.

• Members

Maybe. But my order form says stompbox, not plug in. Do they sell a plug in for $99? What would that be exactly?

Blackhole. The links all over the page point to a plugin as well such as the notification on the right side that a dongle is required. this is a huge mistake for them. I anticipate, the first folks ordering will get the boxed plugs upon which B&H will be notified. At that point I anticipate no orders fulfilled and some type of coupon sent out to to everyone who ordered.

• Members

There might be links, and it might have had the word "blackhole" somewhere, but the item was clearly described as the Space Stompbox.

In the specs, it listed the dimensions, power requirements, USB and MIDI capabilities. That page was for the Space.

As a customer, it's not my job to know what SKU goes with what item. I paid for something that was clearly described.

• Members

usually in this cases they'll send out an apologetic email, say they screwed up, and refund your money. there is no contract where they have to honor your purchase if their computers glitched or someone dun goofed if they give you your money back...

maybe give you like a $15 gift coupon voucher to make up for your troubles.

Archived