NGD (it's a cute one)

rileykill

• Members

yeah. plus its a pretty high price point for a knockin around guitar, and being solid wood its of course susceptible to temperature changes. i think they do make a pretty sweet travel guitar (not the bacpacker) that would be good for camping.

• Members

HNGD!

I've got a cheapo Taylor BT2, mahogany top. Obviously can't compare it to a high end full sized acoustic, but it sure is helluva lot of fun to play, and the jangly lofi campfire vibe is really ispiring and makes me play stuff I never came up with on my 'real' acoustic.

• Members

well, its bright obviously .... but not as much as you would think. its a nice mellow trebel. i think the mahogany really tempers the tone. its also pretty lightly braced, so it has a nice long ring. compared to a composite travel guitar, its totally night and day.

it plays really well. its cool, because the reach is much shorter, so i can play super fast leads over five frets which is fun.

That's great. I'm really happy for you. :) I suspected the all-mahogany construction would somewhat offset the small size in terms of timbre. Nice to hear about the light bracing and sustain. That's really cool... but as you said earlier, that, coupled with the solid woods, probably make it more suited to use in the man cave than at the campground.

• Members

yeah. plus its a pretty high price point for a knockin around guitar, and being solid wood its of course susceptible to temperature changes. i think they do make a pretty sweet travel guitar (not the bacpacker) that would be good for camping.

Do they make a {censored}ty plywood one? I just love that body style and the 12-fret joint. I could prolly find a cheap '60s parlor for under $400 if I did my homework.

• Members

well, its bright obviously .... but not as much as you would think. its a nice mellow trebel. i think the mahogany really tempers the tone. its also pretty lightly braced, so it has a nice long ring. compared to a composite travel guitar, its totally night and day.

it plays really well. its cool, because the reach is much shorter, so i can play super fast leads over five frets which is fun.

I think a mahogany body is key for those tiny bodies. Fills 'em out in the mids. I have buddy who has a mid '60s Gibson that is all 'hog with a really tiny body - some cheapo student model but man it sounds awesome.

• Members

I think a mahogany body is key for those tiny bodies. Fills 'em out in the mids. I have buddy who has a mid '60s Gibson that is all 'hog with a really tiny body - some cheapo student model but man it sounds awesome.

some of those regals are awesome.

Archived