whats the deal with Brian May...I don't get it!

samzadgan

• Members

Brian May, a member of one of the biggest rock acts ever to grace the planet rocked out one of the most well know rock anthems on a guitar he built with his own hands to an audience of over half a billion at 65 years old.

I think thats pretty {censored}ing awesome.

Whats not to get?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

To the OP: That Classic Albums Documentary for "A Night at the Opera" was pretty interesting to watch. I was never much of a Queen fan myself, but I considered Brian May to be a genius after watching it. They break down the tracks for Seaside Rendezvous where he emulates all these marching band instruments with the guitar. Its pretty {censored}ing nuts. The song kinda sucks though.

• Members

he made his own guitar from a piece of scrap wood from a tree that fell when lightning struck it. he later went on to win the world series using it, and later was in queen. hes an ok dude.

case closed.

Umpires {censored}ing stole that game. I swear the strike zone was half as big when he was at bat. Also, that guitar is like 10 times wider than a regular bat so he hit pretty much everything.

• Members

NOT a big Queen fan, but Brian May has always been very cool, made his fav guitar and played it his whole career, has an exceptionally distinctive sound and very committed to music and its power to uplift and heal . A super bright guy, went back and got his Ph.D. and by all accounts a super nice fellow as well!

Now Angus, he just sucks IMHO.

• Members

To all the Queen haters on this thread,

Let me know when you hit it big like they did. Or become a famous, well respected guitarist like Brian May. So I or someone can start a thread about your mediocre music and guitar playing. Until then, STFU!

• Members

Let me know when you hit it big like they did. Or become a famous, well respected guitarist like Brian May. So I or someone can start a thread about your mediocre music and guitar playing. Until then, STFU!

Utterly irrelevant. We're the consumers, if we can do it ourselves doesn't have anything to do with if we like it or not. Is there any particular car manufacturer you have been disappointed with? Sorry, with your own logic you cant complain about it until you can build a better car yourself.

• Members

unless you're mario batali, you don't know if food tastes good or bad.

• Members

Brian May is one of a few players, along with people like Pete Townshend and The Edge, that I'm a bigger fan of than the band he was in. I'm kind of just a casual fan of Queen, but I think May's playing is spectacular. It's very different from the blues-rock wankery that everyone else was doing at the time (and that you can still hear a lot), and is very interesting. It's also always tasteful, which is something plenty of other guitar heroes tend to fail at from time to time. He also plays a guitar he built himself and has great, distinctive tone.

• Members

When I was seventeen, I drank some very good beer, I drank some very good beer I purchased, with a fake ID...... My name was Brian McGee, I stayed up listening to Queen, when I was seventeen.....

• Members

That's amazing to me...

I'm sure there's tons of stuff I go crazy over that would be uninteresting to you and others. I just personally never connected with them. I mean I can objectively listen to them and think they are talented guys and I can get why people would enjoy them, but they leave me cold.

Archived