Hipster universe folds in on itself

Axe_34

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ryan! Bro!

54 in just 7 weeks!

Luckily there are no such things as hipsters in this county....but we still have our fill of methheads, trailerparkchildren and KlosetKKKer's

Nothing like living in a time warp!

GTFO Randy... for rizzle? I would NEVER have guessed you're coming up on 54. Good {censored}, my man. :thu:

• Members
dude, hot chicks are hot chicks. why would i care what they like, its what they do....lol

Yup... I would worry for the mental health of any dude who didn't find Parker Poesy or Zooey Deschanel at least remotely attractive... Hipster tendencies or not.

Speaking of hipster queens, I think Caroline Polachek gets the new crown... and I have no issues with that :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98xRKr19jIE

• Members

I don't think either of these ladies fall under what you guys are calling hipster.

Maybe if it was Grimes instead of Zooey.

I still don't get how its a negative thing to be into culture, music and style?

It's perceived as a negative because many people think that part of the "hipster culture" is to be ironic and condescending. It's negative because it's predictable. It's negative because get off my lawn.

I don't get it either, man. There are some pretty {censored}ing awesome acts that many people refer to as "hipsters." Sure there are people that fake it and force themselves to do things ironically, but that's true of any type of culture. Everyone needs to get the {censored} over themselves and just relax. People are people and they do things. Stop caring about it and start enjoying life.

• Members

I don't think either of these ladies fall under what you guys are calling hipster.

Maybe if it was Grimes instead of Zooey.

I still don't get how its a negative thing to be into culture, music and style?

holy {censored}, please don't attach that word to Grimes, she's an artist.

the word hipster gets thrown around way too much these days, I've never thought of Zooey as a hipster either.

• Members

holy {censored}, please don't attach that word to Grimes, she's an artist.

the word hipster gets thrown around way too much these days, I've never thought of Zooey as a hipster either.

grimes is an artist like tyler perry is a filmmaker.

• Members

HIPSTER IS A NOUN.

HIP IS AN ADJECTIVE.

EVERYONE IS {censored}ING RETARDED.

Because of the extremely productive nature of the English language, it's easy to make words fit into different parts of speech. So yes, Hipster is a noun, but it can be used as an adjective when describing something ("Adam is a hipster" or "Wow, that thing sure is hipstery"). It could also be turned into a verb if you wanted to saying that someone was hipstering, or as an adverb ("hipster dancing"). If anyone doesn't believe me, look at this sentence I just came up with: "On his way to the hipster, the hipster hipstered past the other hipster while hipstering." Completely meaningless, but it follows the rules of the English language.

Archived