Pussy Riot to be jailed for Putin Riot.

Ryan.

• Members

Without getting too political, Russia seems to be pretty messed up politically. While part of the Middle East is going from dictatorships to democracies, Russia seems to be exhibiting the opposite behavior...

{censored} Riot (yes, pretty cool name) are proving this, and their conviction proves it even more. That being said, they shouldn't have done what they did in a church, in my opinion. Not very respectful towards that religion (I have no idea what kind of church it was).

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Admit it. You started this thread solely for the thrill of writing {censored} in the title. Three times no less.

I'm somewhat dissapointed you weren't bold enough to embolden the particular text. Timid derring-do is only a
{censored}
willow of a jib really my friend.

I'm hungry.

• Members

Without getting too political, Russia seems to be pretty messed up politically. While part of the Middle East is going from dictatorships to democracies, Russia seems to be exhibiting the opposite behavior...

{censored} Riot (yes, pretty cool name) are proving this, and their conviction proves it even more. That being said, they shouldn't have done what they did in a church, in my opinion. Not very respectful towards that religion (I have no idea what kind of church it was).

Find me a place that is not messed up politically!

• Members

Good for the penguins. I must admit I'm not privy to their politics. Could you fill me in?

Basically, it's all about fish. The more fish, the better. They do this thing where they crowd against the edge of the ice next to the water... and they start pushing each other. Cause they are scared that their is an Orca below. So they push and push, and then some guys fall in the water, and they watch... and if those guys don't get murdered by some Orca, then they all go in and fish. It's good stuff.

• Members

Basically, it's all about fish. The more fish, the better. They do this thing where they crowd against the edge of the ice next to the water... and they start pushing each other. Cause they are scared that their is an Orca below. So they push and push, and then some guys fall in the water, and they watch... and if those guys don't get murdered by some Orca, then they all go in and fish. It's good stuff.

Sounds just like politics every where else.

I'm legitimately bummed by this:

The badass nature of their protest was off the charts; busting on stage at the Moscow Cathedral to perform wearing ski masks. These women are boss.

They have convictions, style, and serious guts.

Three things that Ryan will never have.
:cry:

SB

You're going to hurt his feelings. Please be kind. :wave:

• Members

Seems a church was the ideal place to do it considering religion is normally a root cause for oppression and hatred. Clearly it is in Russia.

Seems a church was the ideal place to do it considering religion is normally a root cause for oppression and hatred. Clearly it is in Russia.

And the Russian government is entirely pure as the driven snow... no corruption, oppression, or hatred there at all. No sir-eee...

• Members

I am torn. I want to ask Dr G what the average Russian thinks of their current political situation but I don't want to be the reason a forumite disappeared into a Gulag camp.

Ah, don't worry. Being scared of going to prison and being scared of expressing political views is exactly what the government wants, so {censored} that.

It's hard for me to say - I come from a very liberal family, I went to a good school, am a student at a top university (not boasting or anything, srsly) and well, all I can really say is that well-educated people think the regime sucks. I know 2 people who think {censored} Riot should be jailed, one on religious grounds, the other is just extremely anal about anything illegal, but no one I know supports Putin. A few of my friends were observers at the elections, one spent a night in jail after partaking in an unsanctioned protest against election falsifications.

Of course, there are some well-educated sh*theads who are prepared to kiss ass for a nice job, money, etc., and who, despite that they probably understand that the current political situation is 'bad', are more than ready to vote for Putin, support him, etc.

However, as soon as oil prices drop, food goes up in price, unemployment goes up, and a lot of Putin supporters won't support him anymore.

The government also ignores any illegal immigration issues (due to corruption in the police, virtually nothing gets done.), which makes a lot of people mad.

The opposition right now is trying to get out as many facts as possible - about police corruption, the state of the judicial system, how friends and relatives of the government get paid millions, escape jail-time and things like that. Hopefully, it will have lots of people questioning the current situation.

Me? I'm waiting for oil prices to go down and Greece to get out of the eurozone. Then it'll get interesting for us too.

Did I imply it is always? No. Don't be a twit.

No, you didn't say "always", but you did imply that the church is "normally responsible", and you got called on it by two people who are apparently old enough and educated enough to remember that under the Soviet system, religion was frowned upon, and the State's stated goal was its total elimination.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_the_Soviet_Union

PS Please don't call people names like "twit."

• Members

Another (more detailed) post about the church.

Mr. Gundyaev (head of the church, known as Patriarch Kirill) has a distant relative (who might not even be a relative), who owns a huge flat in Moscow. Now, the neighbouring flat is owned by a world-class surgeon, who decided to some renovation, and apparently the resulting "nano-dust" got into Gundayevs appartement, causing 20 million rubles in damages (900.000 $). Gundayev, IIRC, won the process, and said that such a sum is adequate enough for removal of the nano-dust.

An official photo of him was released:

a3682e8c-376b-41b4-9805-e7fdeceb7dea.jpg

That's something like a 20.000$ watch that has been poorly shopped out of the pic.

The church building in which PR performed has an underground parking lot, rents out offices, sells candles, books and other stuff without paying taxes. A part of the church where mass is held actually belongs to a non-religious organization (owned by someone from the church, obviously, basically something designed for money laundering, probably), so the fact that only Christian masses are allowed to be held there is in violation of the law (since it does not belong to the church, it is a public and non-religious place and no one can have monopoly on that).

A drunken priest crashed his car (IIRC, it was a convertible) recently. The church said that he was not "on duty" and did not relieve him of his priesthood.

And it goes on and on.

They also had some articles in newspapers about how the liberal intelligence is destroying our country, etc., etc.

Our church now has little to do with faith, the Bible, Jesus, and lots to do with money, power, fame.

The whole Olympic team was blessed by our patriarch this year.

So, that's how it is in Motherland.

• Members

Similar to the situation we have here then. Our dictator for life just looks a little different every four to eight years but they all sound the same.

Ah, don't worry. Being scared of going to prison and being scared of expressing political views is exactly what the government wants, so {censored} that.

It's hard for me to say - I come from a very liberal family, I went to a good school, am a student at a top university (not boasting or anything, srsly) and well, all I can really say is that well-educated people think the regime sucks. I know 2 people who think {censored} Riot should be jailed, one on religious grounds, the other is just extremely anal about anything illegal, but no one I know supports Putin. A few of my friends were observers at the elections, one spent a night in jail after partaking in an unsanctioned protest against election falsifications.

Of course, there are some well-educated sh*theads who are prepared to kiss ass for a nice job, money, etc., and who, despite that they probably understand that the current political situation is 'bad', are more than ready to vote for Putin, support him, etc.

However, as soon as oil prices drop, food goes up in price, unemployment goes up, and a lot of Putin supporters won't support him anymore.

The government also ignores any illegal immigration issues (due to corruption in the police, virtually nothing gets done.), which makes a lot of people mad.

The opposition right now is trying to get out as many facts as possible - about police corruption, the state of the judicial system, how friends and relatives of the government get paid millions, escape jail-time and things like that. Hopefully, it will have lots of people questioning the current situation.

Me? I'm waiting for oil prices to go down and Greece to get out of the eurozone. Then it'll get interesting for us too.

• Members

No, you didn't say "always", but you did imply that the church is "normally responsible", and you got called on it by two people who are apparently old enough and educated enough to remember that under the Soviet system, religion was frowned upon, and the State's stated goal was its total elimination.

PS Please don't call people names like "twit."

That is one instance and he posted in a smug way like I implied something other than what I had said. Hitler used religious views in Germany to help persuade people. In our own country religion is used as oppression. Then take into account of all of documented human history. Thousands of instances compared to Stalin. I don't see how I was called out on much when what I said is more than true.

Archived