Okay, okay I'll try yet another fuzz pedal to see if they don't all suck....

arthurdent'd

• Members

Just one more flip

DSCN1849.jpg

your propensity for Muffs under different monikers leaves me stymied my good fellow, I spent the day cleaning and setting up my new guitar, but played it for 15 minutes or so, I agree completely with the whole tone bypass thing, really opens it up. I have had several NYC, and a couple different Russian Muffs, they just were a buzz-kill in a band setting, well added a bunch of buzz also, but not the kind of buzz that I like. I have owned a re-issue Fuzz Face, and tried a myriad fuzz varients at my local shop like FuzzFactories, 69 Fulltones, Tortuga Yeti and such, they just never did much for me in a band setting. But I am not currently in a band, but recording new material and doing the email/long distance recording thing with different people, so I thought it time to give the fuzz a try again. Here is the current set-up, I have to wire up the Pork Loin later after the Black Finger then into the loop where the Flanger Hoax is with the EQ then into the Big Muff, into the DMM then the Wet and lastly the CAE Boost.

• Members

I've had the big muff with tone wicker, pretty cool pedal. I tend to go through a lot of fuzz pedals and the only constant I have had is the fulltone octafuzz. But, I am liking my Wilson effects fuzz at the moment.

If both guitarists in the band use fuzz you really need to EQ that {censored}.

• Members

I don't get along with muff style fuzzes even after really trying to make it work. The first fuzz that worked for me was the Algal Bloom. I love that thing. I got the Octophant and it does it for me as well. I have heard that EQing a muff makes all the difference in the world. I may give that a shot sometime. Good luck!

• Members

Yeah if you want to do a Muff live, either get one with some kind of mid range boost (Deus Ex Machina, Supercollider, Musket, BYOC, etc) or turn it up real loud. Both have worked for me in the past
:idk:

the volume is the key for fuzz I think. Ya gotta run a Whores rig and crush for the Big Muff to show its stuff. I'm not able to do that....but recording with it is fun.

• Members

I mean, I run a Hot Rod Deluxe and get by alright. Some fuzzes are definitely better at that thing than others though. The Fuzz Factory was hella awesome for rocking out solo but had to be like deafening to come out over bass and drums.

Archived