Polychorus (any/all 3 versions) vs line 6 M9 for Radio Friendly Unit Shifter modulati

hangwire

• Members

Some discussion about doing a live cover of radio friendly unit shifter at some upcoming shows.

Wanted to get some clarification if the line 6 M9 can pull off that polychorus sound decent enought, and is so what setting on which model or combination of models at the same time

Or

If we would be best to buy a used polychorus as they are fun to have around anyway. If so, all versions cAn pull off that sound? Or only big box ones?

• Members

firstly,

i couldn't find anything on the m9 to simulate that sort of sound, but then again, i'm not that creative.

i've been told you have to use the original polychorus (or echoflanger), not even the big box reissue, to get that sound.

eti could probably dial it in with a couple of behringer pedals.

secondly,

you're in a band?!

edit: thirdly,

i think the ibanez ad202 might get close. i'll see if i can simulate it tonight. the ad202 is very polychorus like. might not go deep enough though.

• Members

I bet u can find a suitable sound with any flanger or chorus that can sound wobbly. I've been using my Small Clone for those type of sounds lately since I don't have the PolyChorus anymore. The PolyChorus obivously gives u the full mojo and chaos of the song but small clone with depth high and rate around 2 oclock gives a close enough approximation. It's all in pickin the wrong notes and the massive amount of volume. Microphonic pickups help a lot too. I'll bet the XO does a fine job though.

Archived