OT: I Am Watching Breaking Bad From The Start Again

Player99

• Members

What about Twin Peaks,The Prisoner,The Wire and The Sopranos

Every possible metric for BB is off the charts. Remarkable performances, amazing character depth and development, brilliantly clever writing, amazing and refreshing use of literary devices like symbolism/foreshadowing/etc, a riveting plot (in season 4, the last 4-5 episodes could each have been season finales), and a no-compromises commitment to telling the story. Other shows might score high in these areas, of course, but the extent to which BB delivers, in all areas, is pretty hard to match.

• Members

which Prisoner series are we talking about? there are a few highly rated ones, decades apart.

I'm only aware of two, one of which seems closer to a star wars christmas than the original.

The great thing about the original, was it's the kind of thing that's generally considered too far from the mainstream to put the money behind. But Pat McGoohan was a huge action star at the time - so they let it happen. Lots of people hated it. A great documentary came with the DVD where one of the Actors was saying that he didn't have a clue what was going on. Another actor, bless him, put so much into it he had a full on breakdown.

I don't what to set you up for something ultra mind blowing - it's just a fun, intelligent, imaginative series - I really enjoyed it.

Archived