What should i ask for for Christmas?

Lanefair

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by moqi

View Post

New tubes for my amp -> boring

new speaker for my amp -> boring

Humbucker for my Tele -> boring

a pedal -> depends on the pedal...but probably less boring than the other suggestions

This. The other stuff can be found cheapish any day of the week, and won't be half as fun as a new pedlol. Upgrades/parts don't make cool presents, just go with a pedal.

Srs, the real question here should be: Which pedal should I ask for Christmas?

• Members

Every year now I beg my family to not give me presents. I don't like getting presents in the first place, and ask them to just give me money so I can pay bills and gas. Apparently that's 'no fun' and I end up with gifts I have no use for because they don't understand guitar equipment even when it's explained, and I feel extremely guilty for not liking them because I should be grateful for anything I get

Oh wow, how'd you know I liked guitars....thanks for the Dean Vendetta...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Reaganomics!

View Post

Every year now I beg my family to not give me presents. I don't like getting presents in the first place, and ask them to just give me money so I can pay bills and gas. Apparently that's 'no fun' and I end up with gifts I have no use for because they don't understand guitar equipment even when it's explained, and I feel extremely guilty for not liking them because I should be grateful for anything I get

Oh wow, how'd you know I liked guitars....thanks for the Dean Vendetta...

happens to me every year. i move a lot (10+ times in the last 6 years) and the less stuff i have the better. on top of that i help my family out financially so any gift is essentially me paying for it. and if it's gear i can get a much better deal on it 9/10 times.

regardless, enough of my curmudgeonism. i would say the pedal if you want to show it off right away and it'll be more validating to the gift giver. if you have kids and xmas is more about them going schnutz then go for one of the other things.

Archived