East coasters: Frankenstorm Sandy, you ready?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, stuff is jacked. Lower Manhattan is getting quite a bit of attention but Staten Island sounds pretty bad and southern Queens seems sporadically really messed up.
:(

The rockaways got hit bad no surprise since everytime it rains hard they flood. I'm in southern queens and there was some flooding seemed to happen around me. I can say northern queens got it bad as well. My old college, Queens College lost the roof to its gymnasium and one of its buildings.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenstrat86

View Post

The rockaways got hit bad no surprise since everytime it rains hard they flood. I'm in southern queens and there was some flooding seemed to happen around me. I can say northern queens got it bad as well. My old college, Queens College lost the roof to its gymnasium and one of its buildings.

Wow, yeah. While the Rockaways flood regulary, that fire in Beezy Point was crazy...80 houses? rough...

20121030_HP_STORM-slide-XR23-hpLarge.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by t-rey

View Post

How much snow did you guys end up getting? The storm wasn't bad at all here - 30-40mph winds and a couple inches of rain. Hope everyone up north did okay thumb.gif

I woke up this morning to go to work and had about an inch on my truck and tress and whatnot but nothing really on the ground. It snowed all day and is still coming down but still not sticking on the ground but they're saying its going to cool down more tonight and freeze over.

mojo sent to all the yankees..

Archived