Thoughts on this Les Paul?

IRG

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Really dig the neck and headstock, but that finish is neither "back" nor "cherry" imoidn_smilie.gif

A bit too flashy/gaudy looking for my tatse, I'd rather go for a more classy look. Any oldschool solid color would do, or goldtop, or a dark burst of some sort...

• Members

That's cool. I like the crown headstock inlay... That alone will set your axe apart from most. I think I like the color (from that pic I do anyway), but the knobs and the plastics are contradicting to me. I'd either change the knobs to amber or I'd change the rest of the plastics to black. Black pickup rings and switch would look really good against the red, I think.

• Members

^^I agree, the knobs should probably be different, or yeah, change everything to black. I still like the cream though, matching the binding to an extent. But the black would match the ebony board...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Trick Fall

View Post

That is one seriously unattractive LP. I could probably live with the headstock, but the body color is horrible. If I really wanted a guitar that ugly I'd spring for a PRS.

Either of these two catch your fancy?

06GibsonLesPaulStandardTSB.jpg

09GibsonLPStdTradProSB.jpg

Archived