OT: What's the deal with light up amp logos?

dkerwood

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quote Originally Posted by dkerwood

View Post

Heh. I first played a Bugera without knowing it was actually Behringer. I thought it sounded fine. :shrug:

I tried a V22 right after they first came out, and I also liked the way it sounded. My worry would be over reliability... I've had a rather poor success rate with Behringer's stuff in that regard. YMMV

View Post

Heh. I first played a Bugera without knowing it was actually Behringer. I thought it sounded fine. :shrug:

I tried a V22 right after they first came out, and I also liked the way it sounded. My worry would be over reliability... I've had a rather poor success rate with Behringer's stuff in that regard. YMMV

• Members

View Post

Meh, to each their own. I do theatrical design on the side, and having the extra light on stage is incredibly annoying. And again, after having to cover bright LEDs and jewel lights in the past (or seeing others have to do it), I see no practical reason for the extra light. At least the LEDs SHOW you something about the amp.

Further, it's just one more thing to worry about when you're pulling the chassis to retube. Hopefully, these amps have an easy enough connector to disconnect.

In the end, though, my opinion isn't any more legitimate than yours... it's just my thread. :-) Just know that if you ever work a theatre gig with me, expect a strip of gaff tape across the logo. X-D

I hope to never do theatre with you. nor should your theatre have anything to do with my rock 'n roll! so idgaf about your lighting and keep your tape away from my amp. dick.

• Members

View Post

Meh, to each their own. I do theatrical design on the side, and having the extra light on stage is incredibly annoying. And again, after having to cover bright LEDs and jewel lights in the past (or seeing others have to do it), I see no practical reason for the extra light. At least the LEDs SHOW you something about the amp.

Further, it's just one more thing to worry about when you're pulling the chassis to retube. Hopefully, these amps have an easy enough connector to disconnect.

In the end, though, my opinion isn't any more legitimate than yours... it's just my thread. :-) Just know that if you ever work a theatre gig with me, expect a strip of gaff tape across the logo. X-D

I hope to never do theatre with you. nor should your theatre have anything to do with my rock 'n roll! so idgaf about your lighting and keep your tape away from my amp. dick.

Archived