OT: What's the deal with light up amp logos?

dkerwood

• Members

IIRC Ampeg did it first on the old Portaflex models, then on that Lee Jackson job in maybe 1990/91 that you also needed a key to turn on. Imagine that? I forgot my keys at the office so I have to cancel a gig. I used a DC-30 for a long time and someone made me a plate with my name on it that replaced the Matchless one. I didn't know new companies are doing it but when you figure how awful/unreliable a lot of the imported junk is these days I suppose they need to pile on the gadgets.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

IIRC Ampeg did it first on the old Portaflex models, then on that Lee Jackson job in maybe 1990/91 that you also needed a key to turn on. Imagine that? I forgot my keys at the office so I have to cancel a gig. I used a DC-30 for a long time and someone made me a plate with my name on it that replaced the Matchless one. I didn't know new companies are doing it but when you figure how awful/unreliable a lot of the imported junk is these days I suppose they need to pile on the gadgets.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by murch33

View Post

Wait... You'll turn down a Bugera because it's got a light up logo but not for the simple fact that it's a Bugera?

Heh. I first played a Bugera without knowing it was actually Behringer. I thought it sounded fine. :shrug:

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by murch33

View Post

Wait... You'll turn down a Bugera because it's got a light up logo but not for the simple fact that it's a Bugera?

Heh. I first played a Bugera without knowing it was actually Behringer. I thought it sounded fine. :shrug:

Archived