OT: What's the deal with light up amp logos?

dkerwood

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by dkerwood

View Post

Sure I can. Looks dumb. Blackout on stage during a rock gig, and you've still got this bright, gaudy "Matchless" sign. Doing any sort of gig that doesn't put the guitarist in the spotlight (theatre gigs, TV gigs, etc) you'd have to cover the distracting light with tape or just not use the amp. I've seen people have to do that with the jewel light or bright LEDs.

icon_lol.gif

Ohhhh {censored}ing noooo. Not during a blackout at a rock gig! Oh lord everyone will point and laugh!!

Get over it man. {censored} looks awesome, and no one gives a {censored} about the negative nancies around this time of year.

• Members

View Post

Sure I can. Looks dumb. Blackout on stage during a rock gig, and you've still got this bright, gaudy "Matchless" sign. Doing any sort of gig that doesn't put the guitarist in the spotlight (theatre gigs, TV gigs, etc) you'd have to cover the distracting light with tape or just not use the amp. I've seen people have to do that with the jewel light or bright LEDs.

icon_lol.gif

Ohhhh {censored}ing noooo. Not during a blackout at a rock gig! Oh lord everyone will point and laugh!!

Get over it man. {censored} looks awesome, and no one gives a {censored} about the negative nancies around this time of year.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by TomVanDeven

View Post

icon_lol.gif

Meh, to each their own. I do theatrical design on the side, and having the extra light on stage is incredibly annoying. And again, after having to cover bright LEDs and jewel lights in the past (or seeing others have to do it), I see no practical reason for the extra light. At least the LEDs SHOW you something about the amp.

Further, it's just one more thing to worry about when you're pulling the chassis to retube. Hopefully, these amps have an easy enough connector to disconnect.

In the end, though, my opinion isn't any more legitimate than yours... it's just my thread. :-) Just know that if you ever work a theatre gig with me, expect a strip of gaff tape across the logo. X-D

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by TomVanDeven

View Post

icon_lol.gif

Meh, to each their own. I do theatrical design on the side, and having the extra light on stage is incredibly annoying. And again, after having to cover bright LEDs and jewel lights in the past (or seeing others have to do it), I see no practical reason for the extra light. At least the LEDs SHOW you something about the amp.

Further, it's just one more thing to worry about when you're pulling the chassis to retube. Hopefully, these amps have an easy enough connector to disconnect.

In the end, though, my opinion isn't any more legitimate than yours... it's just my thread. :-) Just know that if you ever work a theatre gig with me, expect a strip of gaff tape across the logo. X-D

• Members

View Post

I hope youre into mushroom stamps.

• Members

View Post

I hope youre into mushroom stamps.

• Members

View Post

Hey, I can respect if you don't like it, but if you put duct tape across the front of my matchless, I hope you have good health insurance.

• Members

View Post

Hey, I can respect if you don't like it, but if you put duct tape across the front of my matchless, I hope you have good health insurance.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Prehistoricpain

View Post

Gaff tape; no residue. If I put duct tape on a Matchless, I'd kick my own butt! :-D

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Prehistoricpain

View Post

Gaff tape; no residue. If I put duct tape on a Matchless, I'd kick my own butt! :-D

Archived