NAMMSATION: new B******** "vintage" TM delay clonED !

puretube

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
metaljacktp8.jpg

Metal DC jack on a metal enclosure? I'm struggling with that problem.

(Fantastic designs, congratulations!)

Your red arrow hides the "secret":

stomi080.jpg

Very intelligent,
yet most simple: ;)

I`ve been using NPN components already 4 decades ago,
before B*SS switched over to "negative ground"-circuits...
(and set an impractical so-called "standard")
so I could tie the metal jack sleeve to ground!

Like the labelling sez: PIN + (positive...)

(BTW: please don`t re-post my pix!)

• Members
before B*SS switched over to "negative ground"-circuits...

(and set an impractical so-called "standard")

:lol:

.......so are all these pedals gonna be new EHX? approved already? in production? ;)

• 1 month later...
  • Members
So EHX is discontinuing all the tube pedals because of freeze tomp oxes, and your not going to be making anymore pedals because of this for some reason as well?

I don`t know what E-H is going to do,
but
I
have stopped designing new pedals today,
because of the continuing actions of the moderators and their disciples
of that so-called "free" stompbox orgasm,
as well as the foul publishing behaviour of a certain "****" guitarist...;)

• Members

but

I

as well as the foul publishing behaviour of a certain "INDY" guitarist...
;)

Isn't that sort of defeatist?

• Members

but

I

;)

:freak: Huh!?

• Members

but

I

;)

Last I checked, people are still buying lots of pedals instead of building them, despite the presence of "that so-called "free" stompbox orgasm". Don't let those few bad apples spoil your/our fun!

• Members

but

I

;)

That makes no sense at all.

• Members

this might not make sense. just rambling. now i don't know anything about the effects business in the first place, but i don't understand that. what does that even have to do with you? are there numbers that show how clones and mods are destroying ehx? you're an effects inventor/innovator, right? the people making clones/hobby builds aren't even in the same business as you so how can they make you feel like this? where can i buy cheap flanger hoax or tube zipper clones anyway? and as far as modding goes i'd think someone like you would be excited that people are getting into exploring effects and coming up with crazy sounds. i'd think you'd feel inspired and honored, not defeated and entitled. think like an artist, not a merchant. you come up with some of the coolest sounds. if you stop all that happens is music becomes a little bit less fun. and obviously that's up to you, but i don't see how you can act like it's somebody else's fault. i don't know. i guess it's not really a big deal. there's plenty of others around making cool {censored}

:blah:

• Members

the so-called "Free" stomp box orks have ruined it for you all...

They have repeatedly shook my nerves and rode on my brain,

trampled my IP,

stole my time,

slandering & libelling;

they disturbed my musing and inspiration.

This thread shows some views of different people on that case.

Mine are very close to Catalinbread`s observations.

(It`s a pity they were drawn to a wider public attention by that thread,

and that note that lead to it...)

• Members

this is sad stuff. this is like finding out my favorite band doesn't like people downloading their music. even though they are my favorite band and i support them by buying their stuff and going to their concerts, they are making me feel like an idiot for wasting money on their stuff and not buying someone else's music who would appreciate it more (someone who doesn't mind how i listen to the music, as long as i get to listen to it). obviously now with the internet we all have to make a decision who deserves the cash for the music and who doesn't. even if you don't download, i'm sure most people hear the music somewhere before they buy it (myspace, internet radio). what bands/labels deserve your extra spending money? the ones who complain or the ones work hard? or just the ones that make good music? i'm not sure, up to the buyer. i know what i would do though

of course this is a little different, because puretube's pedals are much more expensive than a cd or even a concert. but looking at the amount of reviews on some of the tube pedals, i've noticed they are significantly less popular than the most popular ehx pedals. does puretube think this is because people are copying his stuff?

anyways, i find this sad. as a musician, i want as many people to hear my music as possible. a musician is an inventor in way, right? i think so. and i want as many people to enjoy what i have to make as possible. i don't make music for the money, it's a reason, but it's not the only reason. and it's definitely the least important reason. does puretube invent pedals only for the money?

the more i think about this, the more disturbing it is. this kind of thing gets to me, and i think it gets to a lot of other people here. even though i love my flanger hoax, when i see people selling them for 400 bucks on ebay (i got mine new for 130) in a year and every time i mess with the pedal i think about puretube, i think i'll just have to sell it for the cash so it doesn't haunt me anymore

hopefully i can push this from my mind and enjoy the greatness of my hoax and pulsar without regret

Archived