Shoe Pedals Tourbox

V

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So, I think the Silver Apple for the Tourbox is ready to go. I did a little tweaking to the new design. The gain knob on the new version actually acts like the volume knob on your guitar. You know how you often have to roll off your guitar volume just a tad to get the best sound out of a fuzz? Well now you can do that on the fuzz itself so you don't have to worry about it.

Going to try it out at a jam in new haven tonight.

• Members

Alright so I made some further adjustments to the new Silver Apple. The squealing button now works by opening up the noise gate and letting whatever you've got going on under there through. This is a bit of a compromise. In the past there was a second knob to tune the squealing differently from whatever oscillation you have going on normally, but this requires a much harder to press type of momentary switch and is far less conducive to playing the pedal's switch as an instrument/using it to grab notes on the fly. I can still do things the other way but the one for the tourbox will use a soft switch. I also added back the original style gain knob (I found it a lot more versatile if a little noisier when turning it [think crackle ok]) and modified the other knob so it is now sort of a "PINCH" knob. Basically as you turn it to the left you get more pinched off sounds. To the right you get the original sound of the pedal.

So after all this i kinda want to keep it cause it sounds awesome but I'll restrain myself (and build myself a new SA).

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by V

View Post

So, I think the Silver Apple for the Tourbox is ready to go. I did a little tweaking to the new design. The gain knob on the new version actually acts like the volume knob on your guitar. You know how you often have to roll off your guitar volume just a tad to get the best sound out of a fuzz? Well now you can do that on the fuzz itself so you don't have to worry about it.

Going to try it out at a jam in new haven tonight.

sounds awesome. when can we get our pedlolz

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by V

View Post

I'd say in a couple weeks. I'm waiting on a couple parts. Mainly some BJ69 transistors from Thailand.

make sure they are tested before use for any....you know

and make sure they don't have any extra.....bases if you catch my drift

• Members

Alright so I was making a Frog for the tourbox tonight and ran out of hookup wire. So...I decided to come up with a song concept instead and wound up using Pixelfix on the bass (and guitars) about a minute into the thing. I don't think I've uploaded a clip of it on bass before so...well here you go.

It's in a mix of course, though, so there's some reverb on the master bus.

http://soundcloud.com/cjmventer/v-dysphoria-ii

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by 9520575

View Post

when is this happening? I'm excited

Well I have a couple more pedals to build for the box. I've got three ready to go. Evil Rainbow, Frog, and Silver Apple. I still have to make a Pixelfix and Kung Fuzz. After that I'll just make a last call and get everyone's addresses via PM so, maybe a week or two depending on how responsive everyone is?

Here's an edgy shot of the Evil rainbow giving you the evil (pink) eye.

603540_353581464710502_245785212_n.jpg

Archived