Wilson wahs... WOW!!!

delayed delay

• Members

I think my Wilson Rippah Q wah got overshadowed by my Superdelay the other day, so I just wanted to take a sec to explain how blown away I am by the Wilson Rippah Q wah.

This wah pedal has the smoothest and most consistent sweep I've ever heard. To put it simply, it's incredible. But the sweep isn't even CLOSE to being the only good thing about it... the Rippah Q wah's versatility is worth at least another $200... but you get the WIDE, PERFECTLY consistent sweep, the unlimited versatility, AND an indestructible enclosure all for $165... another $10 for the LED light (I highly recommend it)...

I owned a 535Q, but was very disappointed with the sweep and range control on it. So when I started my ULTIMATE wah search, here is what I wanted and what the wah HAD to have in order for me to pull the trigger:

Wide sweep.

Quite a bit of gain control; for solos to really push my sound over the edge

and make me cut through the mix. I play a lot of music that requires that.

WIIIIDE sweep.

On solos, LOTS of SUSTAIN... so I don't have to use as much delay (which can muddy up the mix).

Consistent sweep.

Feedback towards the end of a sustained note/chord... NOT towards the beginning or middle. Srsly... the 535Q, when overdriven, would feedback too early or not at all. I need the feedback to be consistent so I can trust my foot to move it to the right place.

A VERRRRY wide and consistent sweep. :lol:

High end must be bright, but not harsh. Trebly, but full and rich.

Also must sound great for vintage-style quacking... pretty self-explanatory.

True Bypass.

LED INDICATOR W/O having to use another 9v power supply!!! I'm so sick of forgetting to turn off my wah, and on the next song I'm supposed to start off with something smooth.. but wait! The 535Q is still on in the toe down position! EEEEK!! :facepalm:

Indestructible.

And all of this has to cost me under $200.:eek::eek::cop::rolleyes:

That's what I went looking for. Pretty absurd standards for such a low price. But you know what? The Rippah Q wah does exactly that and so much more. And compared to any Dunlop wah out there, the toe down position isn't harsh at all. It's just a beautiful bright cutting sound that avoids the annoying high end you hear with... say, a Dunlop 535Q (the Rippah Q wah's redheaded stepchild). The 535Q isn't a bad wah by any means, but the Rippah Q wah is just infinitely better. I've played on the Fulltone Clyde Deluxe, and it's a great pedal too, just WAAAAAY overpriced. The Wilson wah pedals are priced incredible and IMO sound better than any other boutique wah I've played. And the best part of any Wilson wah is that they're all affordable. Hmm... who would've thunk it? A top-of-the-line, fancy boutique wah that YOU can actually afford?? Well, I guess Mr. Wilson thunk it. This wah pedal has the smoothest and most consistent sweep I've ever heard. To put it simply, it's incredible. But the sweep isn't even CLOSE to being the only good thing about it... the Rippah Q wah's versatility, sweep, true bypass, LED, and more is worth at least $350... but you get the WIDE, PERFECTLY consistent sweep, the unlimited versatility, AND an indestructible enclosure all for the incredibly stupid price of .................... $165... another $10 for the LED light (I highly recommend it)...

Wilson... the only think I can add at this point is... well done, sir. Well done. :wave::thu::Phil: ... You have done something awesome with this pedal that I'm sure we'll never truly figure out.

Check out www.wilsoneffects.com for info on ALL of his effects and VERY wide variety of wah pedals. You can't go wrong with a Wilson. :thu:

• Members

Now tell us about Sham-Wow towels.

Lol... I know it looks like I was merely making a pitch... but seriously... I really feel that way about my Rippah Q Wah. It's that awesome.

Don't you know what it's like when you find that perfect pedal? The kind that ends your search permanently? That's how I feel about the Rippah Q. I don't think I'll ever need another wah... unless Wilson tops this one! :love:

• Members

great review gibson_dreamer...

I want a wah probe, b/c i'm not really a traditional wah lover, but I will check into wilson!
:thu:

The Wah Probe is really cool, but ultimately I couldn't find a use for it since I like to park my wahs at different freqs and you obviously can't do that with the WP without eventually cramping.

:lol:

• Members

great review gibson_dreamer...

I want a wah probe, b/c i'm not really a traditional wah lover, but I will check into wilson!
:thu:

Thanks! :thu:

Definitely check into Wilson.

I wouldn't be a wah guy if it wasn't for Wilson. This wah is perfect for what I want to use it for. I don't do a whole lot of vintage 'quacking', but even I'll admit it sounds incredible for that. The sweep is as consistent as you'll ever hear.

• Members

I want a Wilson pretty damn bad. The aesthetics loving side of me wishes that Kevin could offer them in something besides boring black. I'll crack and just order a black one here soon. If only I could get a Wilson in blood red or a deep purple. Then I'd be in wah heaven.

• Members

I want a Wilson pretty damn bad. The aesthetics loving side of me wishes that Kevin could offer them in something besides boring black. I'll crack and just order a black one here soon. If only I could get a Wilson in blood red or a deep purple. Then I'd be in wah heaven.

I wish I could too but right now I'm stuck with black too!!:cry:

One of these days Bro! It costs a major amount of corn to get different colors done and my stalks are a little small yet if you know what I mean.

Archived