Wilson wahs... WOW!!!

delayed delay

• Members

I wish I could too but right now I'm stuck with black too!!
:cry:

One of these days Bro! It costs a major amount of corn to get different colors done and my stalks are a little small yet if you know what I mean.

Have you thought about offering them in a handpainted version? I know that takes a buttload of time as well... but it sure wouldn't hurt your sales.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Got the replacement Rippah 12-pos Q Wah Vintage Spec in today - hoy now is this a WAH!

It does the Jeff Beck-ish croaky stuff on the heel side that I wanted, and has the best sweep of any wah I've tried. VERY smooth transition, no noticeable or abrupt freq jumps at all. I'm a parker, so this is a HUGE deal for me. Previously I had a Fulltone Clyde and was mildly happy with it, but the sweep was fairly abrupt despite having a long treadle throw. Every position on the Rippah Q is useable throughout the sweep - and its just as long as the Clyde.

I was leery of going with something this adjustable, but this one has some GREAT sounds in about 6 of the 12 possible Q selections. I'm assuming the remaining spots would work best for bass and keyboard apps, but 6 is PLENTY for me as I'm not really a tweaker at all.

Kevin Wilson - total class to deal with. I had some issues with my initial purchase and he happily took it back at his expense. He checked out the wah I returned and did notice some things that needed attention and wanted to send it back to me to A/B with the Rippah he just sent so I could choose which one worked best for me - all on his dime. He should be proud of his product and his biz ethic because both are really top notch.

GREAT job, Kevin - seriously. A true pleasure doing biz with you!

• Members

Got the replacement Rippah 12-pos Q Wah Vintage Spec in today - hoy now is this a WAH!

It does the Jeff Beck-ish croaky stuff on the heel side that I wanted, and has the best sweep of any wah I've tried. VERY smooth transition, no noticeable or abrupt freq jumps at all. I'm a parker, so this is a HUGE deal for me. Previously I had a Fulltone Clyde and was mildly happy with it, but the sweep was fairly abrupt despite having a long treadle throw. Every position on the Rippah Q is useable throughout the sweep - and its just as long as the Clyde.

I was leery of going with something this adjustable, but this one has some GREAT sounds in about 6 of the 12 possible Q selections. I'm assuming the remaining spots would work best for bass and keyboard apps, but 6 is PLENTY for me as I'm not really a tweaker at all.

Kevin Wilson - total class to deal with. I had some issues with my initial purchase and he happily took it back at his expense. He checked out the wah I returned and did notice some things that needed attention and wanted to send it back to me to A/B with the Rippah he just sent so I could choose which one worked best for me - all on his dime. He should be proud of his product and his biz ethic because both are really top notch.

GREAT job, Kevin - seriously. A true pleasure doing biz with you!

Thanks Mike. I'm glad you like it. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. If you get a chance I'd love to hear some clips!!

• Members

Well, you're certainly consistent.
:lol:

:lol:

Would you rather have a review that contradicts itself? lol...

I really do think that the word "consistent" is what truly defines Wilson wah's... I guess that's why I used it so much.

You get consistent quality, consistent sweep control, consistently great tone, and consistent customer service.

Srsly... every great company has a defining word:

For ZVex, it's "trippin' balls". :lol:

• Members

Thanks Mike. I'm glad you like it. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. If you get a chance I'd love to hear some clips!!

I'm putting together a total 'Cock Rock' board with the Rippah Q, a C-Bread Usual Suspects, and my Skreddy Echo - Tommy Bolin styley, simple but a lot of tones on tap. If I get the chance to record it, I'll surely post some clippage.

:thu:

• Members

I'm putting together a total 'Cock Rock' board with the Rippah Q, a C-Bread Usual Suspects, and my Skreddy Echo - Tommy Bolin styley, simple but a lot of tones on tap. If I get the chance to record it, I'll surely post some clippage.

:thu:

Sweet! I've been checking out the C-bread site and I feel some GAS developing!!!!

• 3 years later...
  • Members

Wilson effects imho have very good tone unlike some harsh clipping overdrives ect:

These wilson folk know what sounds good and what sucks, some builders  seem tone death !

Im buying the Wilson Sparkling OverDrive pedal , i didnt hear a bad setting on the thing, it starts clean and can get the bogner heavy crunch to another clipping stage if u want a high gain with some harder edge to it !

I have the 535q also and feel the range isnt quite right !

Tha Ripper may be perfect,thanks for the wah review,awesome !

• Members

listen to demos of pedals like zvex $$$$ and wilson and see what sounds better for yourself,i forgot HC MEMBERS think reviews come from builders if its a good review lol.

I thought the blue sparkling OD sounded similar too the Led Zepp 2 album sound !

The range of gain is beyond tube screamers ive had .

But starts clean !

Archived