Poll: Does HC Need a Free Speech Zone?

EL KABONG

• Members

you act like you are from the 50's is what i meant.

i dont think so. i just think that there are things you can say in public and things you probably shouldnt for your own sake. and thats just from my experience.

in what way do you feel like we are being denied our free speech rights? i agree that we are absolutely looked down upon for saying certain things, but i feel like those things are things that are insensitive to say in a public forum. like calling someone a racial slur, or making a joke about gay people, or things of that nature. be more specific!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

well basically you arent allowed to say the word "gay" . like a guy in a band can say "yeah the whole band is gay, after the set we all have sex completely unprotected". so they can say the word "gay" and wave it in front of everybody's faces but heaven forbid if you want to talk about them and refer to them as gay its a bannable offense. its like yeah guys were into this deviant lifestyle and by the way you arent allowed to talk about us either.

• Members

well basically you arent allowed to say the word "gay" . like a guy in a band can say "yeah the whole band is gay, after the set we all have sex completely unprotected". so they can say the word "gay" and wave it in front of everybody's faces but heaven forbid if you want to talk about them and refer to them as gay its a bannable offense. its like yeah guys were into this deviant lifestyle and by the way you arent allowed to talk about us either.

So your main gripe is you aren't allowed to express your homophobia on here?

damn shame that.

• Members

Why is it necessary? It would seem that most of the people that want to post stuff that's not allowed are silly attention-seeking children (in mind if not body) that probably wouldn't bother given a dedicated space. And since you haven't stipulated that it has to be within the HCFX "community", it's already in place; it is called The Political Party. Go into that cesspool of mindless negativity and knock yourself out. :wave:

• Members

But to gays if you dont want to have sex with them then immediately you are a homophobe.

I'm interested in all these gay folk that you have to keep turning down, the ones that call you a homophobe..... does it happen a lot?

I'm wondering if there's something about your manner or the way you dress that is giving off the wrong signals to gay men? Do you have a penchant for leather caps and 70's disco? maybe it's the way you walk or something? Have you never noticed that your local pub doesn't have any women in it?

• Members

just cause im straight doesnt mean im a homophobe. But to gays if you dont want to have sex with them then immediately you are a homophobe.

No, referring to gay people as "leading a devient lifestyle" is homophobic. Accusing them of calling you a homophobe because you wouldn't have sex with them doesn't help your case either.

So you know, I have plenty of gay and les friends and have never been called homophobic or had sex with them...same as most people.

Maybe you're a closet homophobe?

Archived